Friday, September 5, 2008

Bahston Kahmanns

We had a great week with Keith's parents being here! Ooh boy did I feel like one spoiled girl! ;) It was fun to have them around and chat with them and go check out some places I've been dying to see (I love excuses to get out and travel around). They got to spend time with Lily too, which she sure enjoyed (she has been awfully fussy the past few days without being showered with attention). I just love my inlaws, and I really feel lucky. Not many people can say that! They are good, kind people and show so much love for eachother...and they aren't afraid to have fun!
Here we go with pics and some captions...
Day 1 We hit Newport Beach in Rhode Island. They have the most GORGEOUS mansions there along the beach and you can tour them also. I highly recommend going to the Breakers (the Vanderbilt's mansion). It is ridiculous. Any place you visit after that will seem like a shack, so just go to that one! Then take the cliff walk, starting right before the Breakers. You can see the most beautiful homes and the ocean to boot!
The Vanderbilt's Mansion (Cornelius Vanderbilt is the 10th wealthiest person in history who created railroad and shipping empires).
The detailings on the house were insane. The inside - even more elaborate (we weren't allowed to take pictures).
I could handle a view like that!
I would love to own such a quaint little home...this was their children's PLAYHOUSE. Too cute. They had 7 children.
One of the houses was well "hidden". There was a hill and a bobwired fence with signs calling us "bad dogs" (they should have spelled it DAWGS). So Tony's (Papa K) curiosity got the better of him and he had to take a peek.

It sure was a pretty house and worth the climb to see it!
Karen (Mama K) couldn't help herself when she saw this tree stump and really, really, really wanted to get a picture on it. After many attempts she convinced me to give her a little boost!

What a pretty lady!



Day 2 - we went to Sharon, VT to check out the birthplace of Joseph Smith. What a beautiful place. The drive was great, and we had a wonderful tour. It is so amazing how everything in the gospel just seems to fit together and how you can see the hand of the Lord guiding everyone to be in the place they need to be.
Our tour guide convinced us to jump on the old stone bridge near his birthplace. We were worried that we would be the ones to finally destroy the thing, but our concern soon turned to worry that we would never get the timing right on the jump picture (there were MANY pictures of our attempt that I will not be posting, you're welcome)...




We also decided to hit up Bahston one last time...


Yup, that's my Keifers. He got picked out of the crowd to help hold the rope.

Thanks for the visit! We miss you already!!!!