Saturday, October 4, 2008

Halloween Wedding


I LOVE this time of year! Fall is one of my favorite seasons. The number one reason? It's perfectly acceptable to wear my silly stockings (although not as cute after Halloween)!


I also love the sound of leaves crunching under my feet and in my daughter's mouth (gross, but at least she has figured that out too and quit putting every leaf she sees in her mouth).



Another thing I love? The leaves changing colors in New England. It really is a pretty sight to see and Connecticut thus far has not disappointed.



Keith LOVES Halloween. How sad he is that for the second year in a row he doesn't get to celebrate with me. Last year at this time I flew out to Vancouver to hang out with my parents and escape my pregnancy woes. My costume consisted of me pretending to be a pregnant lady, which I was, (I know, a real stretch). This year Lily and I are flying on Halloween to Pittsburgh for my friend Sarah's wedding. I'm excited to go, but wish she could at least have a Halloween inspired wedding so we could dress Lily up and take pictures! I even came up with some fun ideas for her, but I think she was thinking something more traditional...


I like both of these wedding cakes (check 'em out Missy, maybe the next evil bride who orders a cake and doesn't tell you what they want you can take some fun creative licenses with):



Her centerpieces could be kind of cool. I was debating between something classy with spider webs and something funny. I really think it would be great if she decorated the table with fall colored flowers and paid people to sit with their heads sticking out from the center of the table on a fake platter and make great conversation with guests. She could sit people according to their interests and make sure the dead platter person matched the interest in table conversation (i.e. political platter people, pathetic platter people, pigheaded platter people, you get the platter picture).


This little gal can be at the puny people (children's) table. I do not endorse child labor workers, although I think kids these days could learn how to earn a good hard earned buck.


The entryway to her reception hall could double as a haunted house. People in scary bride and groom costumes jump out and scare guests (old people will be given a special back entryway. We don't really want anyone to have a heart attack.). Maybe Sarah and Brad could be at the end and instead of people standing in line to greet them they could jump out and scare people, shake their hand and then go back to hiding.
Guests would dress up and Sarah and Brad's first dance would be to M.J.'s Thriller of course!



A little surprise for Brad at the end (ooh la la) and then they're off to Transylvania on their honeymoon!



I still don't get why you would go with traditional when this could be SO much fun! :) Love ya Sarah! I really can't wait to see what a pretty (non-corpse) bride you are going to be!