Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Cards

I'm debating about whether or not to send out Christmas cards this year. We had our pictures taken in October, but I don't really have one of the three of us I love. The joys of infant picture taking. When they are actually looking at the camera and smiling, you happen to be looking at them to see if they are smiling in the picture. Then when you are looking at the camera, they are looking at you or checking out their toes. 200 pictures later and you have various angles of everyone looking off in different directions and the few where the whole family happens to be looking at the camera your husband has his eyes closed, your baby looks annoyed, or your mouth is opened at a weird angle since you were talking instead of smiling. If you do get one in the mail it is because I settled on a picture, or you will see just one little being, Lily, instead of the three of us.

No new pictures will be taken. I got a horrible haircut two weeks ago. The only way to fix it was to hunt down another barber, cross my fingers that he'd be decent, and he had to lob off another four inches off and I ended up with a shorter, just okay haircut that isn't looking so hot either. I may sound vain, but I have scripture to back this one up:

1 Corinthians 11:15 - "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering." (Who knew you'd get spiritual insight on beauty from my blog today?)

I write all of this because I got K,D, and Little's Christmas card in the mail this year. Their picture is perfect. Everyone is looking at the camera. They even are matchy matchy in orange and neutrals. Would be insulting to photoshop their heads off and put our heads on?