Wednesday, December 17, 2008

New Business

For months now Keith and I have been talking about starting a home business that I can do while raising our children. Little did I realize that we didn't have to look far. Introducing our new business...

We came across our business idea quite by accident. One night Keith's back was a little sore. As he lay on the floor getting a back rub Lily sat and observed for a few minutes. Then she quickly jumped in (without prompting) and began rubbing his upper back while I worked on the lower back. Within minutes Keith was like a new man with her consistent pats, rubs, and loves. I think the key to her technique is full use of her body weight combined with a smile.
Later on Lily and I had a very serious talk. I asked her what she would consider charging and after much negotiations we came up with this pricing chart (please note the attention span of an infant does not surpass more than a minute, therefore the back rubs will be short but very effective):
5 seconds = $high five
10 seconds = $kiss
20 seconds = $hugs
30 seconds = $baby cookie
45 seconds = $plane ticket to Grandparents
1 minute = a miracle has occurred and this is beyond your capacity to pay