
Jenessa leaves for her mission in TWO weeks. I'm sure gonna miss her!
It's been awhile since I've posted. I got back from visiting with family a few weeks ago and then just fell into a routine of playing with Lil-E and using any spare time to work on a sewing project and read. I started missing my little cyber friends this week and thought I'd pop in and say hello! It has been fun catching up on your blogs/facebook and seeing what everyone was up to. I'm trying to simplify my life a little and even went through and deleted a bunch of people off my facebook so I'd have less to filter through. I kept the ones I care about...
Just a few more weeks until Lil-E is officially one year old! She is already looking and acting so much older. I'm constantly amazed at how the Lord looks out for us in many ways and provides for us. Not to go into details, but basically we were stressed about getting Lil-E a new carseat since she has outgrown her infant one (dang it tall parent genes!). Lo and behold our dear neighbors came over with their Britax Roundabout that their daughter had outgrown and with the help of a great seamstress we outfitted it with a new cover. Walaa! Cute cover huh?
(Doesn't she look like a toddler already?)
While I was in Vancouver I cut my hair (again). I'd been growing my hair out for the past year and a half and decided I was overdue for a trim. Two monstrously bad haircuts later my poor hair self esteem was at it's lowest (the second was an attempt to fix the first, and ended up four inches shorter and just as bad). My sister, Jenessa, prompted me to stop by the Paul Mitchell School in Portland, Oregon. This sweet girl spent five and a half hours on my hair. Yes, I did say five and a half hours. I was EXHAUSTED by the time I left and was missing my Lilster (Thanks Momma for watching her for for-ev-er). In the end I was pretty happy, although I'm still a little annoyed that people on the East coast have no hair savvy. I'm tempted to get my hair cut just twice a year while visiting the West coast. Go ahead, rave. I need it. I'm still rebuilding my hair self-esteem (it's an A-line bob). You can see it on the sidebar.
On a funny Lily note, we were watching Wall-E the other day and I couldn't help but laugh at all the similarities between the robot and my Lil-E. She has recently started collecting things. She pushes her little walker around the house, occasionally stopping to pick up a treasure and deposit it in her basket. She sometimes picks up some quirky things. While I was doing dishes this morning she was unloading the garbage can. Such treasures!
She also had a first! No, we're not talking words, steps, driving, boyfriends, etc. It's her first...PONYTAIL! It lasted maybe 3 seconds before she ripped it out, but it WAS a ponytail. At this rate we might be able to manage pigtails by the age of 4! My poor girls. They are going to be bow children. I plan on starting them early so they don't whine too much when I brush, braid, pull and torture their hair and adorn their heads with frilly bows.