We are gearing up for potty training! Lily has become OBCESSED with the toilet and interested in everything that *ahem* has to do with it. If Keith and I shut the bathroom door she immediately needs to know why and insists on coming in. Then she will stand in front of us and look up quizzically saying, "Poo poo? Poo poo?" over and over again, trying to push us aside to get a look see, and run to flush the toilet while we're still, well I bet you can finish that thought. So I thought it would be a good idea to go out and buy her a potty of her own. I'm not officially starting her training until after my brother's wedding, but it's fun to see her excitement.
She insisted on sitting on it as soon as we got home from the store and we had a potty party to celebrate with drinks, snacks, books, etc. She sat and sat and sat and after reading 3 books to her, singing a few songs, eating 3 bags of fruit snacks together, I got up for a minute to get some more books.
The minute I left the room I heard her yell, "UH-oh. Pee pee?" I came running back and sure enough she had...stood up and peed all over the floor in front of her potty (you thought I'd say she had gone in her potty, right?), then sat back down on her potty to continue the party. I missed my moment!