Monday, August 31, 2009

Wedding Mania in the Miles Family


Jonathan and Janilee on their big day!

August has been SUCH a busy month. One of the highlights was getting to go see my brother, Jonathan's, wedding on August 8th to Janilee Pratt. She is just one of the cutest things I have ever met and we are thrilled to have her in the family. His wedding was in Utah at the Salt Lake City Temple.

(If you aren't a member of the church I attend, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and you're wondering what a temple is and are too shy to ask me, you can check out valid information here or here that explains about the use of temples in our religion. Trust me, don't google it, you might get some weird information that isn't accurate or respectful of my beliefs.)


The man who performed the ceremony spoke to them about this being more than just about marriage. It was a covenant between the two of them and God that they were going to make this a sacred marriage and honor and uphold each other. I thought he had a lot of wise things to say at the time, and it's just too bad that I can't remember most of it. I don't even remember what was said on my wedding day. I just wanted to be married to Keith so bad that my mind went on a Hawaiian trip to lala land in his eyes until we got to the whole part where we agreed we wanted to make this thing happen!

Kristen, Kent, Jonathan, and me (4 of the 5 Miles kids)

We had a lot of fun spending time with family while there. My inlaws drove down from Boise, Idaho and my mother in law saved the day as the dress I had stayed up for weeks sewing began to come apart at the seams, along with me when I saw all of that hard work go to waste. I won't even go into the details, but I was grateful for family that helped me out and pieced me back together when I got frustrated. My Mama K even saved it from the trash after the wedding to use as a sizor for future dresses.


My Grandpa and Grandma Olsen threw a barbeque for Jonathan and Janilee and their families at a little park and it was fun to see everyone. We also caught wind of a rumor that my little sister, Kristen, would be next to go. Her boyfriend drove down with her and my parents and someone leaked the news that they were planning a date for December. Tonight I found out on Facebook of all places that they were engaged. I reprimanded that girl, but quickly forgave her when she told me she had tried calling a number of times and I just hadn't been home to pick up the phone. Her ring is pretty dang gorgeous and Bryce did a great job! They seem perfect for each other and I'm excited to get yet another brother! Seems that the Miles kids are hot this year. Pick em up while they are still fresh. I've got a single brother in Utah (pretty cute huh?). Jenessa (my youngest sister) is off the market until she gets back from Italy, then watch out world!



Kristen and Bryce (the future brother to be)


Keith and I do admit we spent a great deal of our vacation worrying about the task of getting our storage unit in Utah cleared out. We came to the East coast expecting to stay for only a few months for an internship, then return West and seek employment or go back to school. Therefore, we took only the essentials out, and left behind boxes and Keith's Bronco that he's been restoring. We were able to get everything loaded onto a semi truck (we did a prepaid space on a large semi) and shipped out...except the Bronco. Grrr! The trucking company didn't pull through for us, and it still remains behind in storage, costing us a pretty sum each month and feeling bad for having to rely on my dear Grandpa to help us move it out when we finally find someone.

The truck driver came a week earlier than expected, and I frantically tried to find some muscles to help my get things unloaded. Keith had been out of town since the end of July on a work project, flew to Utah for the wedding, then flew straight back to Virginia. I was alone with a toddler and the threat of about 40+ boxes and some furniture coming.


Once again the Walker family saved the day. Nate showed up with some of the boy scouts in tow, and Kylie came to watch Lily while I helped and supervised. You can only imagine what our house has looked like for the past 3 weeks. I can't move half of the boxes because they are full of tools or books, and Keith's trip kept getting extended.


I'll write about that more along with our spontaneous trip to Virginia to see a much missed husband and daddy another day.
More pictures of the wedding can be found on my public facebook photo album here: