For Lily's birthday this year I decided to throw her a party. Let me start off by saying that yes, I think children should be celebrated, and no I do not plan on throwing a party every birthday. I think they are more special when they happen on special occasions, like the year they start school, turning 8, 12, and 16. Nevertheless, I HAD to do something to get my mind off of waiting for my ultrasound, and I thought a birthday celebration fit the ticket.
Since Lily LOVES 4 things right now (Sesame Street, Princesses, Jesus, and Uncle Bryce) I thought it would be fun to focus on one of these. Princesses are overdone, Bryce would have been *ahem* "unique" as a theme, and I thought it was irreverent to do a Jesus birthday party...so Sesame Street fit the bill. I painted for the first time too! I made her three posters for the crafts we were doing and I had a blast learning how to paint (Elmo, Cookie, and Abby).
The day of her party started with a blizzard. I spent the morning on the couch crying (gotta love being pregnant. Trust me, I'd never cry over something like this under normal circumstances.) because I had to cancel the party I had been working on for weeks. Thank goodness Lily was so overexcited for her friends to come she ended up passing out and sleeping all morning long, missing entirely me having to cancel her party and pull myself back together. A friend convinced me just to reschedule it for Saturday and whoever could come would. Thankfully I have some awesome friends who trekked out on a Saturday morning to spend time with us and celebrate Lily's birthday!
Since Lily LOVES 4 things right now (Sesame Street, Princesses, Jesus, and Uncle Bryce) I thought it would be fun to focus on one of these. Princesses are overdone, Bryce would have been *ahem* "unique" as a theme, and I thought it was irreverent to do a Jesus birthday party...so Sesame Street fit the bill. I painted for the first time too! I made her three posters for the crafts we were doing and I had a blast learning how to paint (Elmo, Cookie, and Abby).