Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Lil' Cabbage Patch

There is a calmness in our home right now.

Might not seem like such a big deal, but it hasn't been calm here for months. My house was even clean once this week.

Despite the fact that the Christmas tree is twinkling at me, and there are stockings hung, it feels like Spring in our home. You know the feeling when you have endured a long and hard Winter and you are sure you will never feel the warmth again, then one day you notice a sprig of new green on the tree? That is how my home feels. Like Spring. With a Christmas tree.


The thing that I love the most is that I look at my children again gone are the ugly stressful feelings and instead I'm filled with that love and wonderment that comes with being a mom to two very sweet little ones. I'm on the floor playing and laughing with them again instead of well, instead of how I was for the past 3 months. I am amazed at how fun I am! :)

And I think Sawyer is shocked at how fun I am. He has been laughing like crazy these past couple of weeks wondering where this happy lady came from. Yesterday he even started giving me kisses. I thought it was a fluke and that he was "exploring with his mouth" the first time but then I gave him a kiss and in return he opened his little, sweet, slobbery mouth and licked my lips, pulled away and smiled like he was so pleased with himself. Made my heart skip a beat. Our first kiss.


We went in for his four month check up on Friday. My super milk is well, still super! He is the size of a 9 month old baby right now, and I've got to schedule me a time to get him some new clothes or he'll be looking like a cross dresser in Lily's hand me downs.

It makes me laugh how many people have recently (and even strangers) commented that he looks like a Cabbage Patch Doll. Little dimply fingers and roly-poly arms with those full cheeks and big blue eyes...I just don't see the similarity. Kidding. I think he looks like his Daddy though, and is that saying I married a giant Cabbage Patch? Either way, both of them are pretty cute in my book!