1. When I have a baby I lose as much hair as I do sanity from lack of sleep.
2. My kids don't care that I'm out of tune. They have awoken the inner (nursery) rockstar in me
3. When you really don't feel like praying, that's when you need it the most. Likewise, when you really don't think your child deserves a hug, they probably need it the most.
4. Sleep is NOT overrated.
5. Baby poops have their own launching systems. I think 3 feet is our record (sorry Uncle Jonny).
6. No matter how hard you try to be a good mom all day long you will inevitably spend your evening filled with guilt at how you handled the last temper tantrum of the day.
7. If you are going to take care of yourself at any point in the day then you will have to accept that one of the following will be neglected: your child, your house, your husband.
8. Sometimes mommy deserves to sit in timeout next to her child. It's happened in our house before.
9. Your child is a reflection of how you are as a parent. Listen in while she/he plays with dolls and take notes on how you can improve.
10. Don't let the safety experts scare you. Somehow most of us have survived drop down crib railings, drinking from the hose, sleeping on our stomachs, and crib bumbers.
11. Get your kids all excited for when Daddy comes home. Nothing makes a hubbers happier than knowing we missed him and are excited to see him.
12. If everyone in the house is getting on each others' nerves get the whole family outside. It's amazing what fresh air can do to the brain.
13. I am surprised by how lack of sleep directly coorelates with lack of patience.
14. Do not under any circumstances assume you will be okay leaving the house unarmed with diaper supplies.
15. Let everyone know in advance you'll probably be late. Chances are that you will be.
16. Headbands and hats are great coverups when you never seem to find time to get your hair done.
17. It's okay to eat peanut butter and jelly or cereal for dinner every once in awhile. Chances are your toddler will be as thrilled as you secretly are.
18. Surround yourself with other mommies. Have one on speed dial that you call when your day is just not going as planned.
19. I never thought I'd enjoy the baby and toddler stage, but I LOVE it.
20. Even though I struggle sometimes as a mommy, the minute I'm seperated from my child I start to miss them. Even when they are napping.
21. The most beautiful moments I have had were the minutes after I painfully struggled to bring a child into the world and they were placed in my arms for the first time and I was finally given a glimpse of the little one I would spend my whole life loving and teaching. There are few moments so sacred and special in my mind as these two.
22. I didn't know my capacity to love until I had children.
2. My kids don't care that I'm out of tune. They have awoken the inner (nursery) rockstar in me
3. When you really don't feel like praying, that's when you need it the most. Likewise, when you really don't think your child deserves a hug, they probably need it the most.
4. Sleep is NOT overrated.
5. Baby poops have their own launching systems. I think 3 feet is our record (sorry Uncle Jonny).
6. No matter how hard you try to be a good mom all day long you will inevitably spend your evening filled with guilt at how you handled the last temper tantrum of the day.
7. If you are going to take care of yourself at any point in the day then you will have to accept that one of the following will be neglected: your child, your house, your husband.
8. Sometimes mommy deserves to sit in timeout next to her child. It's happened in our house before.
9. Your child is a reflection of how you are as a parent. Listen in while she/he plays with dolls and take notes on how you can improve.
10. Don't let the safety experts scare you. Somehow most of us have survived drop down crib railings, drinking from the hose, sleeping on our stomachs, and crib bumbers.
11. Get your kids all excited for when Daddy comes home. Nothing makes a hubbers happier than knowing we missed him and are excited to see him.
12. If everyone in the house is getting on each others' nerves get the whole family outside. It's amazing what fresh air can do to the brain.
13. I am surprised by how lack of sleep directly coorelates with lack of patience.
14. Do not under any circumstances assume you will be okay leaving the house unarmed with diaper supplies.
15. Let everyone know in advance you'll probably be late. Chances are that you will be.
16. Headbands and hats are great coverups when you never seem to find time to get your hair done.
17. It's okay to eat peanut butter and jelly or cereal for dinner every once in awhile. Chances are your toddler will be as thrilled as you secretly are.
18. Surround yourself with other mommies. Have one on speed dial that you call when your day is just not going as planned.
19. I never thought I'd enjoy the baby and toddler stage, but I LOVE it.
20. Even though I struggle sometimes as a mommy, the minute I'm seperated from my child I start to miss them. Even when they are napping.
21. The most beautiful moments I have had were the minutes after I painfully struggled to bring a child into the world and they were placed in my arms for the first time and I was finally given a glimpse of the little one I would spend my whole life loving and teaching. There are few moments so sacred and special in my mind as these two.
22. I didn't know my capacity to love until I had children.
23. Nothing is brighter than your child's eyes when they make a new discovery.
24. When your toddler asks you to chase them, do it!
What about you? What have you learned thus far as a parent?