This picture sums up January: LET. ME. OUT.
We spent the majority of January locked up indoors, trying to get survive a great combination of colds, teething, chin issues, stomach ailments. You name any minor illness, we probably survived it.
Today we were able to ALL get out and go to church for the first time since Christmas. I think I offended a mother when she put her hacking baby next to Sawyer to “make friends” and I whisked him out of the other baby’s germ filled air. Sorry lady. Much as I care about our infants’ social status – I’m really over being sick. By the end of the month I was thinking of checking myself into an insane asylum, just for a vay-cay.
Lily update:
The chin is healing MUCH better than either Keith or I expected. What was once a gaping hole (I kid you not and it grossed me out enough that I refused to take a picture), is now a shrinking scab. I think a little bit of Mederma nightly for a couple weeks and we might just be okay. As my sister said, just don’t let her get chubby with a double chin and noone will be the wiser.
Potty training has officially shifted to potty trainED. Can I get a “WAHOO”? She has somehow made a mental shift that it is normal to go in the potty and not the diaper. Hallelujah. After a year of this I though it would NEVER happen.
The chin is healing MUCH better than either Keith or I expected. What was once a gaping hole (I kid you not and it grossed me out enough that I refused to take a picture), is now a shrinking scab. I think a little bit of Mederma nightly for a couple weeks and we might just be okay. As my sister said, just don’t let her get chubby with a double chin and noone will be the wiser.
Potty training has officially shifted to potty trainED. Can I get a “WAHOO”? She has somehow made a mental shift that it is normal to go in the potty and not the diaper. Hallelujah. After a year of this I though it would NEVER happen.
Sawyer update:
On Saturday our little Soyboy turned the whopping 6 months. Lily and I went out for cake that night to celebrate (and have a much needed mommy and me date).

He’s thinning out compared to where he used to be. He is no longer somewhere over the rainbow when it comes to height and weight. At 19 lbs. he is in the 68% for weight and the 91% for height these days. But WHY does he feel SO heavy??? I think I almost dislocated my shoulder this week when I quickly picked up him in his carseat. Not really, but sheesh, he is solid.

Some of his “things” lately:
Has a great hearty laugh and loves being tossed in the air, but isn’t ticklish.
Likes to walk around the house with me holding his hands.
Likes to spin on his belly on the hardwood, pushing himself in circles by doing a hand over hand motion.
Loves to roll around in his crib and my bed but will not even attempt it when placed on hard floors. No crawling attempts as of yet.
Sits unassisted now, but tends to tip when he gets excited or laughs.
Eats cereal, but if you try and feed him anything else he promptly sticks his two middle fingers in his mouth and refuses to take them out until he sees the cereal again (and boy is he determined to get his way when it comes to food choices).
Lightning reflexes. He sees something when I’m walking by a dresser, bookshelf, etc. and without warning boxes, toys, tubes, etc. go flying off shelves.
Take off a diaper and Old Faithful erupts every time. Too bad I forgot an extra outfit for church today when the geyser erupted. Need to get me one of those peepee teepees.
Not a great teether like his sister. One broke through and another is on the verge. It’s the first time I’ve really seen him whine.
Still “sings” all the time (trilling) including when he wakes up. Much nicer than crying I must say.
One of the happiest blokes I know. Wakes up smiling and when he starts to get upset he automatically tries to self-soothe. I swear, he’s a dream come true.

Keith update:
Keith is LOVING his new job. He has been staying late to try and beat the learning curve that goes with new software, but the thing that I love is he comes home oh-so-happy. He’s also been on a pizza crust kick lately. I’m not complaining (except about that cornmeal in every inch of the stovetop). He’s been baking 2-3 pizzas a week trying to get the dough just right and we are all reaping the benefits of this quest. When he gets it perfect I’ll have him share the recipe here.
On Saturday our little Soyboy turned the whopping 6 months. Lily and I went out for cake that night to celebrate (and have a much needed mommy and me date).
He’s thinning out compared to where he used to be. He is no longer somewhere over the rainbow when it comes to height and weight. At 19 lbs. he is in the 68% for weight and the 91% for height these days. But WHY does he feel SO heavy??? I think I almost dislocated my shoulder this week when I quickly picked up him in his carseat. Not really, but sheesh, he is solid.

Some of his “things” lately:
Has a great hearty laugh and loves being tossed in the air, but isn’t ticklish.
Likes to walk around the house with me holding his hands.
Likes to spin on his belly on the hardwood, pushing himself in circles by doing a hand over hand motion.
Loves to roll around in his crib and my bed but will not even attempt it when placed on hard floors. No crawling attempts as of yet.
Sits unassisted now, but tends to tip when he gets excited or laughs.
Eats cereal, but if you try and feed him anything else he promptly sticks his two middle fingers in his mouth and refuses to take them out until he sees the cereal again (and boy is he determined to get his way when it comes to food choices).
Lightning reflexes. He sees something when I’m walking by a dresser, bookshelf, etc. and without warning boxes, toys, tubes, etc. go flying off shelves.
Take off a diaper and Old Faithful erupts every time. Too bad I forgot an extra outfit for church today when the geyser erupted. Need to get me one of those peepee teepees.
Not a great teether like his sister. One broke through and another is on the verge. It’s the first time I’ve really seen him whine.
Still “sings” all the time (trilling) including when he wakes up. Much nicer than crying I must say.
One of the happiest blokes I know. Wakes up smiling and when he starts to get upset he automatically tries to self-soothe. I swear, he’s a dream come true.

Keith update:
Keith is LOVING his new job. He has been staying late to try and beat the learning curve that goes with new software, but the thing that I love is he comes home oh-so-happy. He’s also been on a pizza crust kick lately. I’m not complaining (except about that cornmeal in every inch of the stovetop). He’s been baking 2-3 pizzas a week trying to get the dough just right and we are all reaping the benefits of this quest. When he gets it perfect I’ll have him share the recipe here.