One word we hear quite often in our home is "Remember?" out of the mouth of our babe. It goes something like this:
"I just started dance class and they taught me how to go dance like Bapa. Remember?"
(Clearly I won't remember this because A) I've never really experienced much dancing from Bapa, and B) You haven't started dance classes pretty little thang.)
"Mawawawmeeeee! Remember? We are going to the library at six thirty o'clock."
"I am just going to put these upstairs. Remember that?"
We haven't quite figured out why the word "Remember" is so important to her, or who/where she picked it up from.

But I do remember discovering how to blow dandelions. It was magical and amazing and I thought that somehow they HAD to have something to do with fairies. I remember excitedly waiting for a "wish" to blow by so I could catch it and then hoping that somehow it would land where dreams come true (yes, I really did think that way).
I remember spinning until I was dizzy and would fall to the ground and collapse in sighs of happiness.
I remember pretending I was Annie the Orphan when it was my turn to do dishes (the curse of the dishes and company!).
I remember hiding under a rhododendrum plant for 3 hours when my brother refused to rewind Peter Pan. I remember my mom rushing out the door to save Jonathan one day when he pretended to be Peter Pan and jumped out of a tree with a jump-rope tied around his waist.
I remember spending hours hiding in my room playing Barbies. I even remember their names: Cassandra, Victoria, Kyra, Kevin, Kyle, Kirk, and Keith (a blonde Ken doll was a pre-tribute to my now ever handsome husband). I remember my mom trying to explain to little me that if I cut and brushed their hair it would not grow back. I remember thinking my mom just didn't know that it would but I'd smile and say I understood.
I remember seeing the flash of a tail from an Easter Bunny the night a tree behind our home caught on fire. (Disclaimer: I think my mom planted that one in my head.)
I remember rolling down hills and holding myself so tight, praying the whole way down I wouldn't die.
I remember being 5 and claiming that our neighborhood bully couldn't scare me. I was terrified as I held my ground as he pushed me then stomped on my foot, but I refused to cry and I walked away so proud of myself.
I remember going to see the "Little Mermaid" for the first time in the movie theater and I was so happy my face literally hurt.
I remember feeling the strain of my fingers and the complicated way I would try to open a doorknob after my mom painted my fingernails.
I remember all of these things, and I sometimes hate that it takes concerted effort to bring myself back to that little girl. But don't worry Lilster, I'm going to keep on trying. And I'm so happy that I got to introduce you to dandelion wishes today!
"I just started dance class and they taught me how to go dance like Bapa. Remember?"
(Clearly I won't remember this because A) I've never really experienced much dancing from Bapa, and B) You haven't started dance classes pretty little thang.)
"Mawawawmeeeee! Remember? We are going to the library at six thirty o'clock."
"I am just going to put these upstairs. Remember that?"
We haven't quite figured out why the word "Remember" is so important to her, or who/where she picked it up from.
But I do remember discovering how to blow dandelions. It was magical and amazing and I thought that somehow they HAD to have something to do with fairies. I remember excitedly waiting for a "wish" to blow by so I could catch it and then hoping that somehow it would land where dreams come true (yes, I really did think that way).
I remember spinning until I was dizzy and would fall to the ground and collapse in sighs of happiness.
I remember pretending I was Annie the Orphan when it was my turn to do dishes (the curse of the dishes and company!).
I remember hiding under a rhododendrum plant for 3 hours when my brother refused to rewind Peter Pan. I remember my mom rushing out the door to save Jonathan one day when he pretended to be Peter Pan and jumped out of a tree with a jump-rope tied around his waist.
I remember spending hours hiding in my room playing Barbies. I even remember their names: Cassandra, Victoria, Kyra, Kevin, Kyle, Kirk, and Keith (a blonde Ken doll was a pre-tribute to my now ever handsome husband). I remember my mom trying to explain to little me that if I cut and brushed their hair it would not grow back. I remember thinking my mom just didn't know that it would but I'd smile and say I understood.
I remember seeing the flash of a tail from an Easter Bunny the night a tree behind our home caught on fire. (Disclaimer: I think my mom planted that one in my head.)
I remember rolling down hills and holding myself so tight, praying the whole way down I wouldn't die.
I remember being 5 and claiming that our neighborhood bully couldn't scare me. I was terrified as I held my ground as he pushed me then stomped on my foot, but I refused to cry and I walked away so proud of myself.
I remember going to see the "Little Mermaid" for the first time in the movie theater and I was so happy my face literally hurt.
I remember feeling the strain of my fingers and the complicated way I would try to open a doorknob after my mom painted my fingernails.
I remember all of these things, and I sometimes hate that it takes concerted effort to bring myself back to that little girl. But don't worry Lilster, I'm going to keep on trying. And I'm so happy that I got to introduce you to dandelion wishes today!