Friday, September 2, 2011

My Little Ballerina

I can't think of anyone who loves ballet more than my little Lily. She breathes, studies, watches, and practices ballet on average 6 out of 7 days of the week. We listen to classical music in the car as she recounts how the ballerinas are feeling emotionally and how they are dancing (leaping, twirling, pointing their toes). And we haven't even started her first ballet class! Tuesday, you can't come fast enough for this little girl.



While we were planning our trip to Idaho in July, my beautiful MIL came up with one of the coolest ideas I've ever heard. She thought, why not give Lily and Grandma a private ballet class for Lily's first time? Lily and I were both tickled at the thought, and the day did not dissapoint.



The teacher was fantastic and Lily was enraptured by her own image in such a grand mirror. She insisted halfway through that they halt everything so she could show them her mad ballet skillz. Leaping, pointing of toes, plies, and twirls abounded.












She was in heaven.




Thanks Grandma for a perfect day!