If you have facebook, you may or may not have seen some of these already. Here are some Lilyisms that I wanted to record. I promise I don't make any of these up, I just got in the habit as a teacher of immediatly jotting down funny things kids say so I'd remember them. I should bust out my old planners and tell you some of the funny things my fourth graders used to say, but for now, enjoy Lily's thoughts!
10.23.11
Lily: ...(I can't remember what she said, but it shocked me)
Me: Lily! What made you say that?
Lily: It was just my breath. It says things like that.
We walked this week down to our city's square where they had a big Christmas tree lit up after a very stressful attempt for me to do some Christmas shopping and Lily kept disappearing. After the kids ran around and let off some steam I had this conversation with Lily:
Lily: Yeah, but everytime you put me in time out my heart breaks. And then if you put me in there again, it breaks some more, and some more. Pretty soon my yittle heart is going to break up too much and then I'll have to go to heaven and get a new one.
12.11.11
We walked this week down to our city's square where they had a big Christmas tree lit up after a very stressful attempt for me to do some Christmas shopping and Lily kept disappearing. After the kids ran around and let off some steam I had this conversation with Lily:
Me: Lily, are you praying in front of the tree?
Lily: Yes. I'm praying to God that you will stop yelling at me.
Me: *sigh* I'm sorry. You just need to stay with mommy.
Lily: Yeah, but you need to listen to God.
Lily made my bad day all better when in the middle of dance class she put on one mitten and did the rest of dance class like a mini Michael Jackson.
Miss Christi: Why are wearing a glove?
Lily: Oh, my hand is cold.
Miss Christi: Just one?...
Lily: Yeah, and I ave germs on that one too!
12.21.11
Lily: Will you dance with me?
Me: I can't I'm sorry. I'm so pooped.
Lily: (look of horror) You...POOPED?
Me: (laughing) NOOO, I'm feeling pooped, that means I'm tired.
Lily: Then why did you poop?
1.3.12
Lily: Mommy, you need to stop putting me in time out.
Me: Okay! But you need to behave and listen to Mommy.
Lily: Yeah, but everytime you put me in time out my heart breaks. And then if you put me in there again, it breaks some more, and some more. Pretty soon my yittle heart is going to break up too much and then I'll have to go to heaven and get a new one.
Stay tuned...I'm sure there will be more to come!


