Sunday, April 29, 2012

Geneology According to the Girl Who Adores Uncle Bryce

This might only make my family laugh, but it's worth writing down!
 
At lunch today Lily and I had this conversation (I pulled out a paper halfway through it to take notes on her understanding of how our family works).

Me: Do you know who is coming to visit this week?

Lily's eyes light up as she squeals: WHO???

Me: Aunt Jenessa and Uncle Kent!

Lily: Oh wow! What about Uncle Bryce? (Bryce is married to my younger sister Kristen)

Me: Uncle Bryce isn't coming this time.

Lily: Why isn't he coming?

Me: Well he can't leave his wife.

Lily: Oh, Aunt Janilee? (Janilee is married to my brother Jonathan)

Me: Is Uncle Bryce married to Aunt Janilee? Then what about Kristen?

Lily: thinking... Uncle Kristen is married to Uncle Bryce. (She said Uncle, not a typo, and they are married.)

Me:  And who is Uncle Jonny married to?

Lily: Oh! I know! Aunt Janilee! (Yes! She got that right!)

Me: And who is Jenessa married to? (Jenessa in my younger sister who isn't married.)

Lily: thinking... Uncle Bryce? (Back to him, eh? He must be quite the dashing husband in her mind.)

Me: Got it. Then there is Aunt Julia. Who is she married to?

Lily: Aunt Julia is married to...Uncle Kent I think.

(At this point she starts to look confused.) (Julia is married to Mark.)

Me: So what about baby Abigail (her 6 mo. old cousin)? Who are her parents? (Answer: Julia and Mark)

Lily: with conviction Abigail is Aunt Janilee and Uncle Bryce's baby. (Oh, so now Bryce is also everyone's daddy?)

Me: trying not to laugh And what about baby Olivia? (Answer: Jonny and Janilee)

Lily: Um? Aunt Julia and Uncle Kent?

Me: You've got this figured out, huh?

Lily: What's figured out?



A Walk in the Woods with Lily and Sawyer
Mommy! Sawyer! I found a wish!


Me too! I can blow on something too!

No, silly. Blow on this! I'll show you!

Oh cool!



Hmm...I wonder.

Oh sick! Ew!



Make it stop!
 
Thanks a lot guys. You were of great help Mom.

I think I'll stick to blowing on my own things.