Friday, February 1, 2013

Sawyer Says the Darndest Things

My little sister gave birth last night to a baby boy. I couldn't sleep the night before because I was so anxious for him to make his debut, and I wanted my sister to have a quick delivery. I am so cow-jumped-over-the-moon excited for her to have a little boy and be a mommy. She is one of my dear friends in life and I can't wait to hear what little joys and headaches little William will stir up over the next 18 years. 

I love having a little boy. I love my little Soyboy, his constant reference to cars, and how curious he is. 


I walked in to find Sawyer had situated himself on the potty. He seems determined to potty train himself, and I am NOT to help him one bit. I say, "HALLELUJAH! Do it yourself munchkin."

Me: Sawyer, are you going potty like a big boy?

Sawyer: *sniffs the air* Oh Mommy. I a dump truck.

Me: *laughing* You are pretty stinky, huh?


Me: Sawyer, you are cute!

Sawyer: No, I a car. 



Me: Good morning!

Sawyer: Shh! I hugging my cars.

Me: Why?

Sawyer: 'Ders a MONSTER TRUCK in da' closet.