2013 Christmas Season was one full to the brim of well, EVERYTHING. We had major house projects going on, that we were frantically trying to finish before the baby came. We moved 3 bedrooms - Lily and Sawyer now share a room where our guest room once was, the guest room moved to Lily's room, and the baby's all ready to go in Sawyer's old room. We prepared for Christmas, trying to do a fun activity each day with the kids so that they had great memories. We attended Christmas concerts, the Nutcracker, and too many doctor appointments to count. Oh., and Sawyer was my awesome buddy to do all the Christmas shopping. I swore I would have it all done before Thanksgiving, but was happy to get them in the mail just in time!
It was a fun, crazy month! I'm hoping that we did enough to get ready for this baby so that we can relax a little now that January has arrived. The arrival of Sawyer was filled with so much excitement (our move, a house that needed major repairs and updates, and Keith being laid off), that I felt a little robbed of the "sit back and enjoy the newborn" stage. This time around I hope it will be different and more calm.
 |
| Little mommy. She is so excited to be a big sister this time around and is fascinated with the idea of pregnancy and newborns. |
 |
| Little daddy. This cutie pie follows his Daddy around, dresses himself like Daddy, and jumps for joy when he comes home each day. |
 |
| Little kid at heart. Keith has been amazing! He has been taking the kids each evening for months now, doing projects galore to prepare for the baby, and working overtime on top of it all. Here he is showing the kids that they can sustain a bubble in the air by blowing through a straw. |
 |
| Lily came home one day after a trip out with Daddy toting flowers for me. Such a sweetheart and totally her idea! |
 |
| Our annual Mommy Daughter date to the Nutcracker renewed this little girl's passion for ballet. I have to sign her up soon! I didn't want to overwhelm her with starting school, but it is definitely time! |
Thank you to everyone who made our holiday season so special. We feel so blessed and grateful to have such wonderful family members, friends, and community/church members that we love and want to celebrate life with.