Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Super Soyboy is Four!


My Sweet Soyboy,

There have been very few days in the past four years when I have not had a smile on my face due to your sweet presence. You make me laugh daily, keep the spirit in our home light and joyful, and constantly remind me to brush off the negativity in life and look for something fun to do instead! You have taught me to forgive quickly, and to remember that the best moments involve a hug, laugh, or cuddle.


You are no longer such a little toddler, and now I see a glimmer of the young man you will soon be. These days are passing in a blur, but every day I look at you I see the reason why I became a mom. It is in your smile, your warmth, your unconditional love, and the way you quickly run to me for a hug. I need your love just as much as you need mine, which makes us the best kind of team possible. I see the man you will be one be, and I know that whoever captures your heart will be the luckiest girl in the world. You will give her more love, snuggles, and kindness than a girl could ask for!



These years have been filled with cars, cars, and gosh, more cars. At three we expanded to other vehicles such as trucks, planes, construction equipment, firetrucks, ambulances, trains, and motorcycles. But in the end, you always ran straight back to your deeply embedded passion: Cars. One of your favorite things to do was walk to the mechanic's shop and sit outside the garage doors, watching them lift and lower the cars. You loved to see the men working on them and itched to get your own hands on those engines. When anyone offered you a ride in their car you lit up like Christmas had come early and would look left and right, poking and peering, trying to take in every aspect of the new car you sat in. When we go out to the driveway, I often find you squatting by some edge of the car looking underneath, to get a better idea of how it's built. Your fascination is far from adorable, it is endearing. 



The last four years I have watched you spend countless hours driving your cars back and forth on our front bay window sill. You called it your "road". It was the first thing you wanted to do in the morning, and would take up hours of your time weekly. Hardly a day passed without you spending time on your special road. When we replaced the bay window with a flat window a few months ago, I admittedly cried. It was such a part of your little life that I couldn't imagine mine without it.


You also never fail to make us laugh. Those who are privy to see your comedic timing can't help but fall in love with you. I have never seen such a little boy with a collection of mature ladies who love him. The other day Grandma called and announced she had a cold. You piped up immediately, "I've got the hots!" Ha! You know just when to make the best face or pipe up with a funny comment. Lily in the car said, "Mom, how do you make fruit punch?" and I heard you mutter, "I could show you a face punch." I couldn't help but giggle. Thank you for the smiles and the laughter in our home. It wouldn't be as happy without your silliness.





I love you Sawyer. I love your snuggles. My heart is full just thinking of how lucky we are as a family to have you in our lives.

Love,
Mommy


The following are pictures from Sawyer's first birthday party! I felt like this little guy deserved a little special moment to let him know how much we loved him! Thank you to all who came, participated, brought presents, sang to the birthday boy, and made it happen. A special thank you to my dear friend, Feryeni, who has opened up her home to us countless times this summer to play in her pool and backyard, and allowed us to hold a pool party at her home. 






I had to include this last picture. The story behind it is cute. A few days following Sawyer's fourth birthday we were sitting at the table eating dinner and he eagerly piped up that he needed to take his four year pictures. I asked him if he had something in mind and he was so excited to announce his photoshoot was all planned out. It was to take place at "the teenager spot." Confused, we tried to figure out where the teenagers in our area hung out. He had a clear description of a green triangle with lots and lots of stop signs. The next day we were out and about when we drove by this random 3 way stop near our home. He squealed, "Mom! That's the teenage spot!" There was nothing scenic about it. But he had determined that he really wanted a picture there, so off we marched one evening. After taking a picture or two we walked home and he felt satisfied that the job was done.