Life has been so crazy with the addition of a photography business. Although I feel swamped by the aspects of trying to run a family, a business, and a home, I have loved taking pictures of my friend's families.
It has also been wrought with it's own set of challenges. I have struggled to feel good about the progress I am making, because I frankly just want to be a great photographer. But I have to start somewhere, and in the words of Rogers and Hammerstein's character Maria, "Let's start at the very beginning. A very good place to start." So, slowly but surely I am going to get my feet under me as I try to figure out how to balance everything.
For Halloween this year we went to a really fun Harry Potter party with some friends. Keith dressed up as Lucius Malfoy and I went all out as Bellatrix Lestrange. It was fun hunting down a costume and putting it together, and the reaction to my getup made it just that much more fun. We just went further down the road of Harry Potter by throwing a costume for Grant together of Dobby.
 |
Keith as Lucius Malfoy and Cherie as Bellatrix Lestrange
|
 |
| Matt as Sirius Black, Jess as Professor Umbridge, and us in our getups |
 |
| I even found my favorite bad pal...Voldemort (our friend Eric). |
 |
| I SWEAR this didn't turn into a cosplay. Swear. Just taking a picture. |
 |
| I think this is the first time I wore lipstick in well over 5 years. Kinda fun! |
 |
| Lucius and Dobby, his super-cute house elf! |
 |
| You bet your buttons those ears last a total of 30 seconds on before he screamed. |
Lily had her own ideas of what to be. Specifically a mermaid! Thank goodness for pinterest. I was able to sew her a cute little costume, and make it modest too!
Sawyer's costume was ridiculously easy. Walked into a thrift shop, he picked a spider costume, and we were out of there. I love that boy for SO many reasons. And I'm just realizing now I didn't take a proper picture of Sawyer in his costume. My bad.
 |
| The gangs all here! |
 |
| The first time Sawyer and Grant have carved a pumpkin (we have painted them the last few years with Sawyer). |
 |
| Decorating giant cookies for Family Home Evening. |
 |
| Dinner in a pumpkin (stew) before... |
 |
| and dinner in a pumpkin after. |