Family and Friends,
This sure has been a beautiful, busy year for the Kahmann family! If we could sum up 2014 in one word it might be: Grant. This big boy came into our lives January 7th, and we are lucky to have him on the Kahmann family team. He brings us so much joy, and we have enjoyed getting to know this little man and sharing our lives with him too.
Here are the best highlights of the year (stay tuned for the best quotes of the year):
Keith:
- Finished his 4th year working for his engineering firm. Spearheaded his first management project.
- Continued his reign as a ping-pong champion at work. Raise your paddles up.
- Ran his first triathlon. Yup, triathalon. In a nice, tight, suit. Very nice.
- Continued to work on the backyard and house. We have grass in the backyard. Real, green grass.
- Picked up some mad soccer skills this summer playing every Saturday.
- Scored some awesome waves this summer surfing at the beach.
- Visited California with Lily and Sawyer.
- Organized a camping trip for the family.
- Favorite memories of 2014: Grant's birth, and surfing in Ocean City, MD.
Cherie:
- Gave birth to a ten-pounder. That should be enough, right?
- Continued spear-heading neighborhood clean-up programs by picking up people's curbside furniture and fixing it up to resell.
- Built a table. Yup, hear me roar.
- Started a photography business this Fall, called Mon Cherie Photography.
- Taught toddler Science classes at the local library.
- Placed 3rd at a 5k race.
- Entertained awesome guests! (Kahmanns, Miles, Great-Grandpa Miles, Kent, Jenessa, and the Kahmanns again!)
- Went on a trip to see my family in Utah with Grant.
- Favorite memories of 2014: Grant's birth, Lagoon with my siblings, summer pool time with good friends, Ocean City with the Thurbers, spending time with Sarah & Brad, Fall in Connect-i-cut, family that came to visit, and teaching Sawyer to read.
Lily:
- "Graduated" Kindergarten and moved into the big world of 1st grade.
- Classes taken in 2014: swimming, gymnastics, ballet, tumbling, and jazz.
- Got to be principal of the day and gave the announcements at the school 3 times.
- Ran her first business this summer: A lemonade stand. Shocked her parents at how much she made in just an afternoon ($61!)
- Happiest memory?: "Lighting the Christmas Tree with the Mayor."
- How does she describe herself?: "I am sweet, careful, loving on the inside. Pretty, blonde, and crystal-blue eyes on the outside."
- Favorite toys this year: Blankie, teddy bears, stuffed animals.
- Wants to be when she grows up: "A veterinarian, then a doctor, and an army girl, and a baker."
- BFF's: Mia and Alice.
Sawyer:
- Started preschool with Mommy and is reading already! This kid loves to read!
- Classes taken in 2014: swimming, gymnastics, and Science
- Started swimming without a floatie!
- First birthday party this summer.
- Loves riding his bike and skateboard. If it has wheels he is a happy boy.
- Became a big brother.
- Still mommy's cuddle bug.
- Happiest memories from the year: Swimming with Austin, decorating the Christmas tree, going on an airplane.
- How does a 4 year old describe himself? "Great, funny, helper, good at gymnastics, and making dinner. I just look like Sawyer with hair."
- What advice does a 4 year old have for his parents?: "They need to clean their room more."
- Favorite toys: "Barbies, cars, and dragons."
- What does he want to be when he grows up? "An orphan. And help people."
- His BFFs?: Ben and Austin.
Grant:
- So many firsts! First breath, first cry, first poop. I could tell you every detail, but if you have ever had a baby you probably know what they do in the first year. He did go on his first plane ride, his first car trips, and first train ride too.
- Was blessed by his Daddy at church.
- Personality: He is a good, good baby. He hardly cries and is so patient with his brother and sister. He loves to sit back and observe, then will participate only when he decides he wants to.
- Loves: his blankie, his binky, sleeping on his side, his mommy, his mommy in the middle of the night (ugh), jumping, walking holding onto anything that slides across the floor, raspberries being blown on his belly, picking Lily up from school, baths, and dancing.
Merry Christmas! Thank you to everyone who brought us so many wonderful memories and love this year! (favorite quotes of the year below)
Love,
The Kahmanns
Keith, Cherie, Lily, Sawyer, and Grant
Favorite Quotes of the year:
Answering machine: Hello, you have reached Carolyn Miles, leave a message and I will call you right back.
Lily: Grandma, its me Lily and I need to talk to you. (Lily hangs up, sits, holding the phone anxiously for a few moments)
Me: What are you doing?
Lily: I need to call her one more time.
(We call her again and get the voicemail).
Lily: Grandma it didn't work! Call me. It's Lily! (Hangs up)
Me: What didn't work?
Lily: She promised me in her message she would call right back, and she didn't!
Telemarketer: This is _____ calling in regards to your computer.
Sawyer: I have a backpack! Do you have a backpack?
T: Um, sorry? What?
Sawyer: It's red. My name is Sawyer!
T: Is there an adult in the home?
S: What's that? Do you have a dragon toy?
T: Is there an adult in the home?
S: What's that?!? You keep saying that.
T: Um, sorry? What?
Sawyer: It's red. My name is Sawyer!
T: Is there an adult in the home?
S: What's that? Do you have a dragon toy?
T: Is there an adult in the home?
S: What's that?!? You keep saying that.
Lily told me she might need to stop praying. I asked her why and she said that she made a deal with God last night and He didn't do what she asked. What was the deal? She wanted Him to turn her into a mermaid every time she got in a swimming pool.
Lily: When I get older will you be my manager?
Me: huh?
Lily: Just in case I am famous. I will need a manager.
Me: Sure....
Lily: I was thinking, they should throw a parade in my honor.
Me: That would be fun, but why?
Lily: Oh! It would just be cool. I could march and wave at everyone and throw candy at the little kids.
Me: That would be fun, but why?
Lily: Oh! It would just be cool. I could march and wave at everyone and throw candy at the little kids.
Lily: Sometimes I hear a voice inside my head.
Me: That could be disturbing. What does this voice say?
Lily: It says that I have wings so I should jump and fly!!!
Me: How's that working out for you?
Lily: So far, it isn't.
Me: That could be disturbing. What does this voice say?
Lily: It says that I have wings so I should jump and fly!!!
Me: How's that working out for you?
Lily: So far, it isn't.
Lily: I can't wait to be a teenager!
Me: I can. Why do you want to be a teenager so bad?
Lily: So I can have a cellphone and talk and roll my eyes and text my friends.
Me: Who have you seen do that?
Lily: Skipper! (on a Barbie movie)
Me: Oh dear.
Lily: i am so excited to go ice skating for the first time! Do you know how to skate Mommy?
Me: Yes! I even can skate backwards too. I will show you how to do a little spin if you want.
Lily: Oh, I can already do that.
Me: Is that right? But you have never been skating before.
Lily: Well, I just picture it in my head, then I imagine how to do it and I can!
Me: So, how do you skate backwards?
Lily: Well, I get going really fast the front way, then I jump high in the air and spin around, then I go backwards and land in a soft pile of puffballs.
Me: Puffballs?
Lily: This is my imagination Mommy, not yours.
Sawyer: A teenager.
Me: What about for a job?
Sawyer: I'll be a daddy.
Me: Good answer buddy.
(Just not a teenage daddy...)
Me: Its time for lunch Sawyer, what would you like?
Sawyer: Oh! I know! (runs away and comes back hopping up and down with a bag of brown sugar)
Me: Not in your dreams, cute man.
Sawyer: Its so good for you!
Me: Nope. How about soup?
Sawyer: I am never eating your food again! (runs away sobbing)
Sawyer: I love my new car!
Me: Know what I love? ... Sawyer!
Sawyer: And I love Daddy, Lily, and I love Grant!
Me: Don't you love Mommy?
Sawyer: Why don't you just go ahead and love yourself?
Me: Know what I love? ... Sawyer!
Sawyer: And I love Daddy, Lily, and I love Grant!
Me: Don't you love Mommy?
Sawyer: Why don't you just go ahead and love yourself?
Me: Lily, how was your day at school?
Lily: Awesome! And guess what! Everyone came to school today. Not ONE KID WAS ABSENT.
Me: That's great.
Lily: Yeah, I think they were all excited to see me so they made sure they showed up today.
Me: You don't think they just came because they are supposed to?
Lily: Mom. They ALL CAME. For me.
Lily: Awesome! And guess what! Everyone came to school today. Not ONE KID WAS ABSENT.
Me: That's great.
Lily: Yeah, I think they were all excited to see me so they made sure they showed up today.
Me: You don't think they just came because they are supposed to?
Lily: Mom. They ALL CAME. For me.

