Saturday, November 28, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

Thanksgiving day: Pretty exciting for my little guy, who we all thought might enjoy a meal at the big table. But after two incidents with a "birfday" candle, an oversight from parents who were trying to get food on the table and turned their backs only to find that he had taken little bites out of multiple rolls, and digging his little pudgy digits into the cranberry sauce over and over again...we'll just say his first Thanksgiving at the big table was quite a bust. 


Lily's first time sautéing. She was pretty proud of herself.


BRINING! Who knew? Well, someone else did. We tried it this year and it was AMAZING. I felt like a real chef as we took bites out of this baby. I will forever be a turkey briner after this Thanksgiving.


We made little thankful pies. Sawyer's says: "I am thankful for the world." 



This is what Thanksgiving weekend brings to the Kahmann household: deck building 101. Burning the daylight hours with his best helper.