Wednesday, January 16, 2019

The Other Side

It's amazing to me how our loved ones try and connect with us on the other side. I was given the chance to be guided today to find something that will be really meaningful for my little family. Step by step I was able to figure out how to access some videos of a loved one that I had completely forgotten existed. Watching my husband grinning from ear to ear as he listened for 20 minutes to his mom's voice was the best part of my day. I'm so excited to see him share these videos with his little ones and tell them more about someone that is surely watching over them.

I know that there are guardian angels on the other side, I have felt it many times in my life, and I know that they want us to be aware of them at times and have messages for us. I always think that my grandma is watching over me. I feel her near me sometimes, though I have no evidence! The night my grandpa died, I woke up suddenly and heard someone say, "He's gone now." A few hours later I received the text that he had passed away at just about the same time I was woken that morning.

But guardian angels aren't just limited to life beyond here. Some people are sent directly to us and are there to guide us in tricky situations! I'm so grateful for the people that God sends directly into my path. Just this past Sunday I was full of so much anxiety because I had no friends in my new neighborhood, and starting work at 7 am has left my 2 kids lacking a way to get to school (there aren't busses that come to our area). As I sat in church a sweet angel sat down next to me and asked if I could meet her and her son for a playdate. I explained I was working full time and my situation a bit and she said, "Well, I'm your neighbor and my daughter goes there. I'd be happy to drive them in the morning." My heart was so lifted, and though she is still a bit of a stranger to me I had the really calm feeling in my heart that this was an answer to my prayers.

I don't think it was an accident that she answered my prayers, and I don't think that God lacks being aware of each of us and our situations. He knows us. I am not sure why sometimes He delays answers. I am not sure why we don't always get what we desperately feel we need, but I am sure that we are being watched over. I am sure that certain people come into our lives for reasons and lift our burdens, though they be trivial. And I'm sure that a sweet Grammie was really excited to find ways to connect with her little grandkids tonight.