Yesterday was Father's Day...Keith's first! I had all of these great plans and they were all foiled by our littlest one. After getting about 4 hours of sleep I was just as cranky as Lily after a day of church and poor Keith had to deal with both of us. ;)
I love Keith for so many reasons, and here are just a few:
- He is the kindest person. I think his parents raised him well!
- He can fix things I would throw away. My dad is like that too!
- He solves math problems for fun. I love that he embraces his geekiness.
- Harry Potter. Nough said.
- He makes me laugh. I love that we feel so comfortable around eachother and can say anything we want and stay up late laughing like we are having a slumber party.
- He is a great dad. He was really nervous about holding babies before Lily was born, but the minute she came this miracle man came out and he has been wonderful with her. Who can resist a man that knows baby talk?
I know this is a day late, but I couldn't help giving a shout out to my own dear dad and father-in-law. I am surrounded by great men! Both of them are so kind, tenderhearted, and really know how to treat a woman well. They love their wives and treat them with the utmost respect.
One of my favorite memories this year has been seeing both of these men become grandpas. I haven't had a chance to see my dad around a lot of babies in my lifetime, and seeing him with Lily made my heart swell. I know she will love her grandpas as much as I have loved my grandpas during my lifetime. She is one lucky little girl being surrounded by such good men!
