This is how Lily and I like to greet Keith when he comes from work. It never fails to make him smile when he sees her little head poking around some corner!
I couldn't get her to stop crying on Sunday, so I pulled out the best distraction available...the camera. See the shiny little tear runing down her cheek? It kills me. (she did stop crying)
My mommy voice is kind of annoying...but enjoy!
I've been telling my parents for weeks that Lily has been talking up a storm. Crying no longer is her call that she has woken up. She will talk and kick until I come and get her and then she immediately meets me with a big grin, even at 5 a.m. in the morning. I haven't been able to show my parents because everytime I pull out the camera all talking ceases and she becomes fascinated until I put it (the camera) away.
Lily 16 weeks

Lily 2 weeks
Yesterday my friend Dajia came by and she mentioned to me that Lily's face has changed a lot. I pulled out an older picture of her to compare (it's hard to see the change when I spend almost every waking moment watching her).
Dajia took over my job at the elementary school I used to work with and we spent a lot of time talking about how important it is to be positive in your child's life. We both felt like one of the teachers took being negative to the extreme. "Demeaning" is the way Dajia put it and I feel like it fit that teacher perfectly. She was a wonderful friend and person, but honestly it seemed like she hated being a teacher and thought children were dumber than road kill.
What I learned from that experience is that I WILL request my children's elementary school teachers (unless there are all equally great). Not because I want to protect my child from ever having a conflict, but because I want my child to get a good education, and darn it, I want them to enjoy it too! As a former teacher I would like to point out to the new moms that it isn't a big deal to request a teacher. In fact, out of about 60+ students we would only get about 8 requests every year for their next teacher from parents and about 10 requests from previous teachers (who felt that one of their students would do better in a certain classroom). And it wasn't a big deal. When we put together the class lists we tried to accomodate those requests, and the rest of the kids were filtered in after. So go ahead, make a request! Your child is more likely to enjoy a teacher that works better with their personality, and therefore won't try to play hooky every day.