Keith and I were in bed last night when I decided to make one last phone call to talk to my grandpa Olsen and my brother. I called Grandpa's cell phone and when he answered we had the following conversation (I swear, it went exactly like this):
Me: Hi Grandpa! It's Cherie!
G: Why Cherie! How are you?
Me: Great! I was calling to tell you congrats on your new future great grandchild (my cousin is preggo).
G: You were calling to tell me I'm great?
Me: That too. And the great-grandpa part.
G: Oh, so you are calling to tell me I'm old (he says this humorously). What are you doing Cherie?
Me: I'm lying in bed next to Keith. It's 11:00 here.
G: Oh Cherie, you must have better things to do in bed with your good husband than call your great old grandpa. Please tell me you do.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
After I hung up I rolled over to talk to Keith (at this point it was about midnight and we were both tired).
Keith: How's your brother?
Me: He sounded kind of sober.
Keith: (giant pause) Drinking?
Me: Huh?
Keith: (laughs) Did you mean somber?
Me: Isn't that what I said?