Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Papa K!


Today marks the birth day of my favorite father in law! I am so glad to have him in my life, and for all that he represents. Because of his good example I landed a stellar catch with Keith. I do love him and feel lucky that he is a part of my family. I don't even know how I began calling him Papa K! Dad was taken in my book, Tony wasn't really sentimental enough for me, and Papa K. just seemed to fit him and his wonderful personality. It's my term of endearment because he's just so darn endearing!
If you meet this wonderful man someday, you might be uncomfortable calling him Papa K., therefore, Keith and I created a list of other possible nicknames:
Cool Daddio (he is a wonderful dad)

Mr. Wonderful (that's right, too bad he's taken ladies because Mrs. Wonderful (aka Mama K) now is one happy wife!)

Cookie Monster

Grandpa/Poppa K.

Tutenkahmann (don't really call him this)

Brother Covey Jr. (He lives by the 7 habits)

Mr. Kahmann Sense

Mr. Punctual

It's amazing how life goes full circle. Lily is just learning how to walk, and she needs a little help to get from here to there. Someday the same may be said of our dear Papa K... In order to be of assistance Keith and Lily put together a little instructional video:

On a side note, we are glad our Papa K. is FAR from needing assistance! He takes great care of himself and is fit as a fiddle! It's a good thing too, we want to keep him around for many birthdays to come!