3 Posts in a Row? This is me avoiding my lonely bed while Keith camps with the scouts tonight.
I believe I'm over my anti-decorating bug. I paged my inner-Martha Stewart recently. We live in an apartment with great character, that almost decorates itself with the cool woodwork. I was using it as my excuse for a long time, but truth be told, I just get a teensy bit sad that I can't truly decorate a room how I want since we are currently renters. I have visions of really enjoying the beautification process in a home we buy someday. Nevertheless, practice makes perfect, right?
I decided to start with Lily's room, since I already had the stuff for it. I bought some cheapo frames at IKEA, sprayed them pink and made a collage of black and white photos of my family (I still need one of my dad). I stuck Lily in her crib, made her stretch as high as she could, and then started a foot above that. I didn't want her pulling them down. Although I'm sure they are a safety hazard, I don't know how many earthquakes have occured in this area. Plus the fact that they are all plastic, no glass, makes me a little more daring. Bad of me, eh? They aren't as GREAT as I envisioned them, but I do still like them. Maybe just because I made them. ;)Love the cloud! The cloud was in Keith's nursery when he was a lad too! Retro. His mom gave it to us and it just fit so nicely in the room. I didn't take pictures of the rest of the room, but it too was decorated.
Dining room
Our entryway
Next I want to tackle the entry way. I'm looking for fun ideas, so if you have any please pass them on (paging the Kristens/Krystins/Kristins and other decorating fanatics). I was thinking of looking for a cool dresser (extra storage), or a neat entryway table. Our walls tend to crumble when I try to nail anything in them (boo!), so I'm hesitant to hang up pictures. The pictures hanging in the dining room are only there because nails were already in the wall and our bigger framed items are in storage still.
I should go to bed. My brain shut off hours ago.