Thanks for all your decor ideas peeps! I went to a friend, Jocelyn, and she helped me make a cute vinyl wall sign for Lily's room. I'll post pics once it's up. It's actually going to be pretty cute, so I'm tempted to hang onto it until we buy a house. At this rate though I think I'll be 40 by the time we actually get around to buying our own home. It will just make me appreciate it more, or something like that.
I decided that week at the last minute to plug into my running skills, and join the Hartford road race with my friends Jenny and Heather. Jenny was amazing, she hadn't run in two weeks and ran the whole race! I would have been dying, but she pulled it off. Heather gave me a run for the money! We were paced pretty evenly, and at the end we both thought we were going to die. I managed not to stop, and she pushed herself near the finish line, kicking my trash at the last minute. I was just happy to finish running. We literally started at the back of the pack of 1600 and had to push our way forward. I finished 539th, which was FAR from what I wanted, but it's what I get for spending time chatting with friends instead of getting in line when I should. My time was 9:05, when I regularly run a 8:30, so I was a little disappointed. But I'm still happy that I ran the whole thing and finished when I did. I'd love to post pics, but I forgot my camera!
My goal is to run a 1/2 marathon in September, and this just proved that I have a LONG way to go! I need to really start pushing myself if I'm going to get where I want to. I was completely inspired by my friend Kristyn and her 5 months 5k! Get ready for me to copy cat you when I'm preggers with my next Kristyn. (Nope, that wasn't an announcement.)