Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Project #2 Finished


the sad bench before

I've been trying to come up with fun projects to allow myself to be creative. While running about a month ago with my friend Deb we came across a tag sale (that's the word for garage sale in Connect-i-cut). I noticed a sad little bench covered in dirt and cobwebs that was just Lily's size and he gave it to me for a dollar. Score! I had fun scrubbing it, sanding it down, fixing the holes, repainting it, and giving it a little TLC. If you recently saw me out and about with my annoying arm braces on, it was due to this little bench (I got carpal tunnel from my pregnancy and it comes back whenever I use my wrists too much). Here's the final product! I had fun with it, and now Lily can reach the things I have purposely placed out of her reach...(wait a second, what HAVE I done?)!
Lily's happily ever after bench

I'm really excited to finish project #1 (decorating Lily's room) and move onto project #3.