Saturday, July 25, 2009

Carpe Viem 3

Thursday 7.23.09

Goal: Cross training and weights.
Actual: Um, I missed my appointment with Jillian Michaels. Sleep seemed REALLY important that morning.
Notes: I probably should go to bed earlier (as I'm typing this at 11:33 p.m.).


Saturday 7.25.09

Goal: 6 - 7 miles
Actual: 8.5 miles. No wait, let me write that again. 8.5 miles. Yup. You read correctly. The WALL was hurdled today!
Notes: Ate a banana before run, and allowed myself to walk for 1 minute after each 1.5 miles (thanks for the suggestion T). I felt really good and probably could have kept going to finish up 9 miles, but I needed to get home. I also rehydrate every 3 miles, and I think the sports drinks make me a little sick. Next long run I'm going to try walking for a minute after 2 miles, and rehydrating with just water.