Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bow?

Yesterday was a little hectic. Keith got home at 5:40 and reminded me that he had signed up to feed the missionaries that night at 6:00. (No comment on that one). I gave him a list of things to do, jumped in the car and bought one of those yummy hot chickens from the store along with a few other items, and pulled back into the driveway just as the missionaries were walking up to the door. It had been raining all day and in my boredom Lily and I had cleaned the whole house from top to bottom, so at least I didn't need to worry about that!

After dinner Lily was sitting on my lap across from one of the missionaries, a young man that was 20 years old. While we were talking she was watching him closely and she suddenly yelled, "Bow?" and patted her head then pointed at the Elder. She scrambled down to the ground and took off, leaving us laughing. She came back a minute later with her basket of hair bows and started handing them to the Elder, insistant that he put the bows in his hair. We were all laughing about it and the other missionary asked if he needed a bow too. She looked at him for a second and then went back to handing the first missionary some new bows. It was pretty funny.

I have to admit that I love this age more than I thought I would. I've always LOVED kids, which most people know, but I've never been around babies and toddlers too much. I love that Lily understands a lot of what I say now, that she insists on running everywhere, and giggles like crazy. I also love hearing her little words and seeing all of the sign language she is picking up. Today we were in the car and I rolled down the windows and as I drove I could just hear her laughing like a crazy nut as her hair whipped all around her face. I'm starting to see how fun and rewarding it is to be a mom.