Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Carpe Viem 2

Carpe Viem means "Seize the Road" or "Seize the Way" so I thought it would be appropriate as my running titles.

Tuesday 7.21.09
Goal: Cross training and weights.
Actual: I worked out one-on-one with Jillian Michaels (I wish. She's On Demand thanks to Comcast). She kicked my trash. I was sore by the end of the day, but I finished her hour long workout.
Notes: I sat down and went through my running plan. I went out in a rainstorm just to buy bananas and stopped by the library to get a book on marathon training (Marathon: The Ultimate Training and Racing Guide by Hal Higdon). I've decided to quit focusing on running all the miles straight and allow myself to take a 1 minute walk break halfway through to rehydrate and regroup my train of thoughts.

Wednesday 7.22.09
Goal: 4 miles
Actual: 4 miles (WAHOO!)
Notes: I ate a banana before I went running, and even while pushing Lily I was able to reach my goal. After two miles I gave myself a little pat on the back, took a few swigs to rehydrate, and then started right back up after a minute of walking. I finished with a little under 9:00 miles and felt really happy that I was able to get through my 4 miles. I think the break helped me too, so I'm going to set my sites on 2 miles running and a 1 minute walk break for my long run on Saturday.