Friday, July 31, 2009

Carpe Viem 5

Tuesday July 28, 2009
Goal: Cross training and strengthening
Actual: PILATES! Love that stuff.
Notes: None.

Wednesday July 29, 2009
Goal: 4-5 miles
Actual: 2 miles plus walking
Notes: SO HOT! We left in the morning around 8 AM and with the humidity and the sun beating down I struggled to even finish the 2 miles. I walked for another mile, but I could feel my body overheating. I once saw a girl have a heat stroke after about 20 minutes in the sun and it wasn't pretty. It has made me a little more cautious of overdoing it in the hot weather.


Friday July 31, 2009
Goal: Make up the lost miles from Wednesday and do strength.
Actual: 3 miles at 8:30/mile
Notes: IT RAINED! I'm so glad I bought a stroller that is so versatile and even comes with a rain hood that zips into it. Lily thoroughly enjoyed the fact that I was sopping wet, and so did I. It was such a relief to be able to run and not be hot that I picked up the pace and pushed myself a little. I made sure I ran through every puddle, splashing like a tot, and managed to make some people laugh on the trail. I hope it rains tomorrow for my long run.