Friday, October 16, 2009

Thick of Thin Things


I MISS MY LITTLE SISTER LIKE CRAZY! (I yelled that in case you didn't guess by the upper case letters. And I'm whispering this in case you didn't get that by the small lower case. I'll stop now.)

My youngest sister, Jenessa, is on a mission in Italy (Currently in the beautiful Pescara. Jealous? Me? A little.). She sent a cute email this week that started with a list:


"1. Glitter

2. Gelato

3. Pizza with french fries on it

4. Bearing our testimonies

5. Making friends at bus stops

6. Fall (...the season, not Adam. But his fall was really great too)

7. Miracles!

8. Iolanda

9. Hot chocolate


So this morning, my companion and I decided for companion study we were going to make a huge list of all the things that make us happy. Sometimes we in our humanly nature overlook the little things in life, and every once in a while it's therapeutic to stop and shine a little sunshine in your own life! Sometimes we immerse ourselves in the "thick of thin things" as President Monson said, but when we remember our eternal perspective, we realize that we're "surrounded by those in need of our attention." Maybe we can all shine a little more sunshine in our own lives, while we're helping it to shine on someone else."


Here are the top 10 things that make me happy right now:


1. Lily

2. Keith

3. My mom is here!

4. Uncle Dave is coming tonight!

5. Pretty trees (Fall in New England. Sigh. It rivals even being in Italy. Love it.)

6. My house is clean.

7. Rain

8. There are pumpkin cling-ons on my windows (thanks Lily)

9. Naps

10. Lily's new dress I bought for $3.50. Hooray for Once Upon a Child!

11. Keith's oversized hooded sweater that keeps me warm

12. I'm going on a road trip with my Grandpa and Grandma Marva this weekend.

13. HALLOWEEN is coming!


Can life get better? Probably, but for right now I'm pretty happy (although I wouldn't mind some Gelato).
What makes you happy?