Thursday, October 8, 2009

Toddler Fun!


Lily and I invited some friends over the other day to finger paint. I'd actually never done it myself, and it was Lily's first time too! It was messy, but a lot of fun and the results are "artistic."


I love the saying "be in the moment." I'm trying so hard to do that, but I really am not great at it. My mind is always making lists, and wondering what else I could be doing, who else I need to talk to, what I need to eat next :), etc. It really takes focusing power for me to let that all go and enjoy playing 100% with Lily, being there for her, and being the best mommy I can be. I've noticed too, when I put aside all my extra thoughts I get a lot more out of my relationships. Someday I'll get there, for now I'm just trying.



We also recently went with my mom's group to this cute little place called Silverman's Farm. They have some different petting zoo type animals, a pumpkin patch, a hay ride (minus the hay, so I guess that just makes it just a ride), and apple picking. We were having a lot of fun until Lily suddenly started crying and clinging to me (very unlike her). Later that afternoon she threw up everywhere and we spent the evening eating soda crackers and drinking 7-up. She must have gotten Keith's taste buds because she wasn't guzzling her pop (I'm a popaholic, I admit it, I LOOOVE those fizzies on my tongue).