Friday, December 25, 2009

Oh Wow! Look! Wow! Nice!


As we opened presents this morning with Lily we heard this over and over, "Oh wow, look! Look! Wow! Nice! Oh wow." That was before she even opened the present. She was just undoing the wrapping paper. When she got to the actual present she just continued ranting about how wonderful it was. It made me smile. We had a Christmas celebration earlier on the 11th of December with my parents and brothers and sisters. She must have picked up that day that part of opening presents is that you rave from the moment you pick it up until you find out what is in it.

I've been gone, and you've been sad. This is true. For good reason.

I'd like to share a little poem with you that I sent to our parents (Yup, I do suck at poetry, my poor former students suffered through my poetry units. I put it in italics for you, so it would look a smidge fancier and perhaps trick your brain into thinking it's a nice piece of work.):

Having so much fun with number one,
We surely thought, “Our work is done!”

We couldn’t believe how fast she grew,
And thought we’d try for number two.

Imagine our surprise, it happened so fast!
And now we share our news at last.

A Christmas present from us to you,
Yup – go ahead and shout, “WAHOO!”

For in July, the date one-seven,
Comes a baby straight from heaven!

For those of you who are a little dense (no offense) and didn't get that fine piece of poetry - we're expecting a baby! Yuppers. Numero dos is on the way coming to a hospital near us on July 17th. We're really happy to welcome a new baby into our family, but you couldn't tell it from my countenance. The green-I'm-about-to-lose-my-lunch-please-don't-touch-me-and-you-smell-really-funny-and-could-you-whisper-my-ears-are-really-sensitive look is back on my face for the next few months. Luckily, it will fade and I have a husband with the patience of an angel.

For this reason I haven't blogged much lately. I just don't think anyone wants to hear the two droning sentences in my head, "I'm tired. I'm nauseous." I do admit, now that I know about Unisom and Vitamin B6 this pregnancy has so far been a BREEZE compared to the first one.
As I mentioned before we also had the chance to sneak away to Vancouver for a couple of weeks. My sister was getting married and Lily and I went early to spend some QT with Grandma and Kristen before the big day.

Funny little story happened while we were there. I was feeling exhausted one morning and I crashed in bed, grateful that Kristen and my mom were there to watch over Lily. While I was falling asleep I heard the door open and Lily grunting, a thump, then all was quiet. Too tired to even fathom what the thump was I promptly fell asleep. When I woke up, to my utter surprise, I found that Lily had climbed into her pack and play (the grunting and thump) and put her cute little self down for a nap without anyone's help. I bordered on feeling incredibly neglectful as a mom, and really proud that my one year old daughter took the initiative to recognize that she too was tired and needed to get some rest.

My sister's wedding was beautiful! It was such a treat to be home and be a part of the day. Kristen really put a LOT of effort and work into making it perfect and it all came together nicely. She looked absolutely gorgeous and even the weather was kind enough to cooperate and make the day perfect. She was even kind enough to let her bridesmaids look pretty too! (I swear - some brides purposely pick unflattering bridesmaid dresses so they look the prettiest.) Janilee (my sister-in-law) and I wore gorgeous brown dresses and we got compliments all night on them. Good pick Kristen, good pick.

Here's a quick update on what we've been up to the last few weeks:

Keith: After taking a few days off for the wedding he realized he had saved enough vacation days to kick back at home for 11 days. Hallelujah! He's busy catching up on my neglected housework, reading, shoveling snow, and looking for houses.

Cherie: Incubating.

Lily: New phrases are "I carry you" which sounds a lot like "I kill you" which actually means, "Carry me". "I get you" or "I get it" which means "I can do it." "All sill lays" (All the Single Ladies). She's stringing more and more words into sentences, which is fun to hear. We also recently took her sledding for the first time and she LOVED it.



I have lots more to say, but I feel like I've gone on enough for one post. I'll be bach, and you be mozart.