I haven't taken one picture this month. I think the last picture I took was in December. Poor neglected camera.
I'll make this quick, seeing that it's 2:34 a.m. in the morning, not a great time to be awake, nor for cohesive thinking. But I'm up, and I might add WIDE AWAKE, so I might as well do something a little more productive than stare into dark bedroom space. I keep collapsing on the bed as soon as dinner is done, sound asleep and unable to stop my body from doing so. I tried to stop it tonight but halfway through Lily's bath my body began shutting down and I called Keith in to finish and then promptly fell asleep at 7:00.
I can't complain though. Things aren't easy for me right now with my nausea getting progressively worse (okay, I think I did just minorly complain, but I didn't think or type that in a complainy way). But then I remember all the people right now in Haiti who have it much worse, and I think to myself, "Hey, things just aren't that bad." And they aren't. This too shall pass.
Lily has been cute as a button. I was telling Keith tonight that we are lucky lucky parents. She is such an easy child and has made my life so rich and happy. When I was little I always requested to watch "Dumbo". I know many of my friend's girls love watching Princess movies. Not my Lily. Everyday, multiple times a day she gets right in my face, cocks her head to the side and says, "Jesus? Jesus?" and wants to watch a little animated video of Jesus. She also LOVES Sesame Street and will sit through a full episode, which is wonderful when I'm unable to get my barfy bum off the couch. She also has started making up songs and sings constantly while she walks around the house. The lyrics usually go, "Mama, and Bapa, and Daddddyyyy, and work, and baby, and mommy, and dadddy." She is still obcessed with her dolls, and has gotten into disciplining them. It's cute to watch her tell baby that she is sorry she is having accidents all over the house and she needs to go sit on her potty.
We decided to work on potty training this week again, and stripped down to the bare bottom with a t-shirt and socks on (I discovered that if she makes a puddle and doesn't tell me, her socks will tell the story). I was really impressed with her efforts. She sat and sat and sat all morning long (nothing came), but we also didn't have an accident in 4 1/2 hours. I could see the absolute relief on her face when I praised her for not having an accident and put a diaper back on before we ate lunch. Within minutes it was full to the brim. So, she is making progress being able to control her bladder. Pretty good too considering that she came down with a lovely bout of stomach distress since Sunday and has been battling the diarrhea/puking monster.
Keith has been BUSY looking for houses. We almost put an offer down on a house last week, but we realized it was more of a tearer-downer than a fixer-upper thanks to my landlord/future inspector who came out with us to check the place out. We aren't sure which direction to go in (as in North, South, East, or West), but it seems like the farther we go from Keith's work the better the deals. He's got his eye on a couple of places, so we'll keep you posted.
Keith is also coaching YM's basketball, which has been fun for him. He practices with them during the week and they usually have games on Saturdays. They lost their first game, but they play again this Saturday.
Oh! I got a job! I'm really excited. See? I do have good news! I'm getting to work from home also, which is a huge bonus. I'll be helping with marketing for a local business and all of it I can do from the comfort of my living room. I've been looking for something like this for a long time, so I'm pretty stoked.
I'm signing out. I'll take a picture this week. I'll even post it. Stay tuned...