Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Love ya Lily


Lily made all of her own Valentine's this year. I was beaming with pride at her scribbles, stickers, and smeared stamps. I'm a true mommy. For family home evening Keith and I talked about Valentine's Day, love, and we decorated her box while she insisted on coloring a turkey to go inside (?huh?)


A snowstorm blew our way, so instead of snuggling up inside I wrapped us up and we trekked outdoors to make Lily's first SNOWMAN! She was quite the helper and gave her snowman kisses and hugs afterwards.

Quick Update:
Keith - He's been jumping into prepping for the GRE in March. Wish him luck! Basketball season is almost over and I'll be glad to get Coach Kahmann back.
Cherie - I'm finally feeling better! Wahoo! I'm not really showing yet, just looking chubby. I tried putting on my snowpants this morning and woooboy did it take some sucking in and squeezing to get those things buttoned! Hehe. We find out on February 18th what we are having.
I'm loving my new job too, and just finished my first flier and postcard mailings.
Lily - Last night in the bathtub she was lining all of her animals up along the rim and she started counting, "6, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11. Hooray!" HUH? My daughter can count? I tried to get her to start from 1, but alas, she can only count 6-11 so far.
She's also starting to get potty training, telling me several times a day that she needs to go potty and 1 out of 4 times she actually goes!
She's also starting to understand fear. She wakes up calling for me and I'll ask her what's wrong and she'll say, "Owl! Owl! Scary." While watching movies too she's starting to get really upset when anything bad happens to the characters (I showed her "Enchanted" this morning and she started clawing at crying at me when the dragon part came up, hooray for fast forward).