Thursday, May 13, 2010

This is Me NOT Worrying

Sometimes I sit and think about what I'm going to write on my blog. All the cute witty things. These great thoughts usually come to me while I'm driving in the car, but by the time I get home I get distracted by more important things and life marches on. It would amaze you the great things I come up with in my head to contribute to the blogging world, but at the end of the day more important things are keeping me away from my blog and involved in crayons, blocks, meals, worms, potty training, books, and cuddling. So you'll have to forgive my lack of creative updates and just come over, get down on the floor with us and hear them first hand over a pretend tea-party.

Lots has NOT been happening in our little apartment...we are still waiting and waiting for life to take us on a roller coaster this summer. I can't complain. Waiting can be quite an easy thing if you just constantly throw yourself into the moment and quit worrying about the future and the craziness it might hold.

We put an offer in on a little bank-owned home at the end of March. Yes, March. We have still not inspected the home. It's a little frustrating knowing that we have done everything we could from our end, but we aren't able to move forward with anything while we wait for the bank to make decisions about some freeze damage that occured while the home was vacant this winter. We have been very lucky so far in that the bank has agreed to fix much of it, but we are still waiting for their final decisions on some things.

Sometimes Keith, Lily and I walk over to our maybe new house and just sit in front of it. We don't have a key so we can't go in. But we can look at the weed infested yard, the broken window that we're going to fix as soon as we can inspect, and the nice picture window over the living room and talk about how great it's going to look once someone hands me the sledgehammer and a rototiller. Sometimes we even stand on tiptoe and peek in. Then we walk home, knowing that it might be ours. We make plans, we read DIY blogs, and window shop at Lowe's. And that's our experience so far as maybe future homeowners.

The waiting doesn't really stress me out...it's what might happen in July. Baby is due July 17th and at the rate things are going we may close on the house by the end of June. I have been putting off all of my nesting instincts and let's be honest...a little pink onsie or two in his life isn't going to hurt him in the long run will it?

I worry less about baby boy in pink and more about what this move will do to my already tantrum prone two-year old. We're making leaps and bounds in potty training, but I might as well plan on starting over knowing that it will digress a "wee wee" bit come July. I just hope that she manages to "go with the flow" with a new house, a crazy routine as we try to put the house in order and prepare for the new baby, and deal with being a new big sister. It's a lot for a two-year old to process.

The saving grace in all this? As usual, it's my mom. She's worrying about her "overstaying" as she puts it when she comes for 3 weeks in July. I look at it as . . . HALLELUJAH! If I don't put myself into labor too early with all that's going on in July, I'll have someone to watch Lily when we go to the hospital and even help me prepare a little for this baby. I tell this little bean that he is allowed to come a few days early, or on his due date, but no earlier than July 9th and no later than July 17th. Hopefully he cooperates because my mom is taking off for Italy after her 3 weeks are up. Poor her right? We'll work her to the bone and then she'll get to sleep it all off on the really long plane trip.

Because you MAY have stuck around to read all about me NOT worrying about July, I'll give you a little treat! A sneak peek at what I want to make!!! Give this pregnant lady some power tools baby...I'm making a bed for Lily (and then one for me and the mister)! I have this sad obcession with a new DIY website I found. If you are anything like me and love figuring out how things work and go together you are going to thank me for pointing the way to Knock-Off Wood. Ooh! My palms just get all clammy and excited thinking about making this, or especially this, or (you gotta see) this, or this! My husband keeps telling me to wait until we move but I think I might win on making just one (just for my pure excitement). A little sawdust in our kitchen won't hurt will it? Extra fiber right?