We're a little busy to say the least...Coming up on our agendas we have Grandma (HOORAY!) coming into town, a move to a new house that we are frantically trying to get ready in time (WHY did a heat wave hit this week?), and a baby boy that should be coming any day now.
And you get to come on a new journey with us as we DIO (Do It Ourselves...heck, there's no way I'm doing it myself). We're excited, curious, and exhausted over the prospects of what we have to do to this house to get it in the condition we want it. There will be walls torn down, carpet ripped up, kitchen's redone, bathrooms relocated, landscaping, basements remodeled, and dare I mention we will be raising two kids on a budget too?
Here's a little preview and an idea of where our house is about to go!
One of the first things outta there...that nasty linoleum in the laundry room and a tacky gate. Keith ripped it up as his first project!

Can you picture a wrap around kitchen counter here? The wall that the fridge is against is going and we're expanding it to create a dining room. This is going to be so cool when done...trust me peeps.

Because I royally embaressed myself and insulted a lady at church when I told her what I thought of the blue sponge painted bedroom (who knew that she had done the same thing to her son's bedroom
recently in green?), I won't tell you how I REALLY feel about sponge painting from floor to ceiling. I'll just tell you that the nasty carpet and the blue sponge paint are going away ASAP.

One of my first projects! Our entryway. Can you picture it? Tiled, matching benches on either side to store shoes and rain gear and the door painted some fun color.

Hooray! They took down the sign! It's ours...now if we can just figure out how to get Miss Massachusetts to stop parking in our driveway...