
My Dear Little Lily,
Yesterday as I was feeding Sawyer, I listened to you playing in your room on the baby monitor. Your dolls were arguing over whose mommy I was. I couldn't be both Sawyer's mommy and Lily's mommy. It was such an abstract idea to you that I could be shared. It was both sweet and sad to overhear that conversation and what is going through your little mind.

Let me assure you little one, you are mine wholly and completely. I love you more than ever and I love seeing how sweet you are with your new baby brother. I love your energy and watching you dance your way through life. I love how you seem to have a gift to evoke EVERY emotion available to woman-kind from laughter to anger, joy to tears, and you do it all with such cute flair that I can never find myself truly angry at you. You bring joy to our family and you make us smile each and every day. You are irreplaceable. And while it seems to you that mommy must make a choice I can assure you now that my heart is growing to make room for both of you and my love is expounding to fit all the members of this family.
I thank you for laying down with me to cuddle when I have been tired, for bringing all your toys to my feet when I am too tired to stand, for putting a sitting donut and pillow at your little table when I was too sore to sit and play eat with you. You are thoughtful and sweet and patient and more kind than I ever knew.
You are an angel, and you will always be mine. I love you little Lily. Keep smiling and keep dancing.Love,
Mommy