August has come and gone in a complete blur. I hardly believe it actually happened it was all so fast. In between company and sleepless nights, newborn babe, potty training, and working on the house I was shocked to see September had arrived. And thank goodness it brought with it a cold front. I am over summer after enduring pregnancy through heat wave after heat wave.
Let me share brief summary of my August calendar. Then if you care to read more indepth coverage you can continue.
August 4th-5th came my brother, Jonathan, and sister-in-law, Janilee (already blogged about that one).

August 11th we made trip #2 to JFK airport (went much better this time - thanks for asking) where I got to see my little sister, Jenessa, after a long absence. She had been in Italy for 18 months and it was about time I got to give her a hug. My parents were there too and it was fun to spend time with them and hear about their adventures in Italy (still haven't seen those pics Dad). There were tears & hugs & oohs & ahhs & more airport germ freaking out. BUT - no blowouts. Whew!
August 16th - My grandparents (the "greats") swung by on their East coast trip to meet the newest addition to their ever growing family (including Sawyer & Lily there are 4 great-grandchildren now and by the end of the year we'll have 6).
August 17th - 23rd my little sister, Kristen, and her husband, Bryce, came to visit. You can see "behind the scene" footage HERE.
August 20th - 26th my fabulous inlaws came to play too.
August 30th - we initiated "Lily is officially too big for her changing table and diapers day!" - otherwise known as "Potty Party" or "No going back." It happened to coincide with "Holy cow, Sawyer and Lily got a cold!" day.
That was my summary.
If I could pick just one event to go more in depth - I would choose having family here to share with us the special day where we blessed our sweet little Sawyer. We blessed him on August 22nd, exactly a month after he was born.
A baby blessing in the LDS church is a chance for the father of the child to present that child to Heavenly Father and give the child a name for the records of the church. Also, the father can share special words of advice to guide that child as they make their life journey. It really is a sweet and special moment for the father to share with their child.
The men invited to share in the blessing stand in a circle with their hands under the baby. The mother's job is to sit and hold her breath that her baby won't cry or scream so that she can actually hear what Daddy says. :)
I'm happy to report that Sawyer was a peach. He even cooed, looked around and checked out everyone that was there. We were so happy that we were able to share that special day with Bryce and Papa K., two men that we love very much, along with some good friends from church.
Sawyer wore vintage for the occasion. He got to wear the same blessing outfit that his daddy wore as a baby. It even had little manly baby guns embroidered into the little jacket. Mama K brought with her some new little white booties too. He was perfect.
After church I had the grand idea to make a special dinner for everyone. In the end it turned out Bryce and Keith made most of the dinner while I tried to help as much as I could. We had a few hiccups along the way but the dinner was delicious (we made Cafe Rio Lime Pulled Pork).