A reoccurring conversation I have lately with my husband:
Me: Augh. I wish I could just lose this baby weight.
Hubby: You just had a baby. Relax.
Me: But still. I wish it would go away!
Hubby: It will, but you just had a baby. You look great.
Me: Thanks!
Yesterday I visited a new physician I hand picked off the internet:
Doc: For your height you need to lose a few pounds to be in a healthy weight range.
Me: I'm aware of that. But I just had a baby.
Doc: Sure. But let me go over the normal healthy weight ranges for your height...(rattles on about things I'm already aware of)
Me: Okay, okay, I know. I'm normally right there. But I just had a baby, don't I get some leeway? (I'm thinking: Isn't this usually my husband's side of the argument?)
Doc: Gives me a funny look. Well, maybe it's time to lose that weight.
Me: Glaring now. I will. I plan on doing it.
Doc: Turns to Lily. How old are you little one?
Lily: I'm Yilwee. (Lily)
Doc: How many fingers are you?
Lily: THREE!!! (holds up 2 fingers)
Me: She's two.
Doc: Very cute. (turns to me) Do you know how many calories you are eating a day?
Me: Yes. Thank you. (I think he got the point and started to get ready to leave. As he turns to close his computer he pauses, catching a glimpse of the stroller behind him for the first time where Sawyer is sleeping.)
Doc: Surprised. Oh. You JUST had a baby.
Me: Yes. (I get then that he thought I was referring to my 2 year old as the baby I "just" had.)
Doc: Yes. You JUST had a baby. Very cute too. Have a nice day.