Sunday, November 21, 2010

Huzzah!

We will be celebrating Thanksgiving this year.

Huzzah!

Things have quickly taken a turn for the better, much to our utter surprise.

I won't wait until the end of the post to tell you that Keith got a job.

Big, shocked grins across all of our faces here.

Now that Keith is no longer working for his former employer, I feel like I can honestly say that they were making him pretty miserable at work. His boss in particular left my sweet, good, intelligent husband down in the dumps almost every day. There hasn't been much beat-boxing going around since he started that job.

When he was laid off we both flew into a chaotic frenzy...(see previous posts where I go crazy). There was mounting stress, excitement about moving closer to our families, and sadness over leaving our home and friends.

We never once stopped to consider that maybe we should stay in Connect-i-cut during those first few weeks. During a calmer moment, Keith and I sat down to talk and read together and discuss what should happen next. Our conversation went something like this:

Keith: I just can't figure out why Cedric (our awesome, studly realtor) so adamately said, "Don't sell the house."

Me: I know. He was so firm about it.

Keith: So what do we do? Rent it out? Stay here until I get into school in the Fall?

Me: I just can't figure out what our next step is. Do you remember when we moved here the first time after Boston? I told you that I felt like I had come home. We were supposed to move here, I know that.

Keith: I know that too.

Me: Then why are we supposed to move?

Keith: I'm not sure.

Me: Maybe...maybe we're supposed to stay?

And we both knew right then that was the answer. I felt it strongly in that moment and there was no doubt in my mind that Heavenly Father had just been waiting for us to ask the right question.

We were supposed to stay.

Keith applied for a job near our home the next day (this was about two weeks ago). He interviewed that Friday. He was hired Tuesday. He starts tomorrow. They were waiting for him. For the right person. For my Keith.

Better pay. Better benefits. Better environment.

And there has been beat boxing.