Lily lately has been wondering a lot about death.
Not in a morbid, she only chooses the black crayon, call the psych kind of way.
Just figuring out what it means.
Not in a morbid, she only chooses the black crayon, call the psych kind of way.
Just figuring out what it means.
Sample:
Me: Lily, you know that you can never feed Sawyer without Mommy or Daddy’s permission, right?
Lily: Why? (If there was a word I could loathe, this might be it.)
Me: Because it could be dangerous.
Lily: Why?
Me: Because he might choke and it could kill him.
Lily: And then we’ll go get Jesus and He’ll bring him back to life?
(reference to Jesus raising the daughter of Jairus)
Me: That would be nice wouldn’t it? But for now, let’s just not feed baby Sawyer anything.
Lily: Oh no! Run! Mommy the dinosaur is going to get you.
Me: No, I’ll kill him with my pretend sword. Whack! There, he can’t get us now.
Lily: Oh yes he can! I have batteries… There! He’s alive again. Run!
And my last Lily moment I’ll share tonight:
Me: Lily, come help Mommy make pizza.
Lily: Yes! I can cuz I have the power to help!
One of the many ways we entertain ourselves to survive the winter cold/flu season is dressing up and being silly to escape the dreaded boredom.