Thursday, January 6, 2011

What a Year

2010 has come to a close.

What a roller coaster it was.

We searched and found a house that was within our price range (that wasn’t completely falling to shreds). We spent months waiting for a crazy bank in India to let us close on the house, and were able to purchase it the last day before the tax credit for first time homebuyers ended (though it did get extended later). Our little one turned two and entered the inevitable “terrible twos” which weren’t too bad with the exception of the difficult task of trying to potty train. With a lot of help from friends and my mom we were able to move into our home in July and a week later baby Sawyer bounced onto the scene. Family came from afar to visit and fill our new home with love and happiness. Then we came crashing down from that high at an alarming rate after Keith lost his job. We survived in a crazed stupor, only to be given the gift of peace and direction thanks to the prayers of many people. Finally we saw our life come back together in a beautiful way with a new job, and a happier husband.

We survived!

Bring it 2011.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Our goals for 2011:

Get Bronco running (oh dear Frankenstein, Frankie-poo, you need your own post, don’tcha?)

Get to bed earlier and get up before the kiddos each day.

Two triathalons for Cherie!

No eating after dinner with the exception of household birthdays (there’s gotta be a give in there somewhere).

Read at least 1 new book a month. (I’m reading a book about football, how weird/cool is that?)

Go on a vacation to visit family without getting into debt.

Get Lily 100% potty trained.

Cherie & Lily are going to learn how to swim.

Level our backyard.

Paint/update: kitchen, bathroom, our bedroom, guest room, living room, laundry room.

* * * * * * * * *

We just finished painting Sawyer’s room (January goal DONE!). I have to say, it looks retro cool, though I am debating whether or not to paint that center stripe teal instead of tan.

I also have to say, I’m glad you’re back in your own room cute boy so I can get some sleep! I could never cosleep. Never. My body stiffens up like a board and I worry constantly about my baby getting rolled on or the covers being pulled over his head. It lasted maybe an hour before we pulled his whole crib apart and hauled it into our room.