One of the things that surprises me is how little he cries. When he needs something I notice he comes at me again and again. Pulling on my leg, climbing into my lap and giving me kisses, or just putting his head on my leg and pushing. I’ll look up at the clock after he has climbed at me a number of times and sure enough, it is time to eat, or nap time, or he needs a diaper change. He also checks in constantly, which I love. He’ll be playing at my feet, tug on my pants and I’ll pick him up, he’ll give me a little hug and kiss then push away from me to tell me he wants to get back to what he was doing. I love those little moments.
Since he has quit nursing and started formula I feel like we have transitioned to a much more balanced home. Keith is able to give him time that both boys are loving by rocking him to sleep and giving him his bottle, I’m able to attend to Lily more without feeling strained because I needed her out of the room while nursing. Lily loves that she can also help out with feeding Sawyer. I feel like I have more time to give Lily the attention she has been craving, which means less tantrums, and less stress in the home.
Lily has been a crack up lately. She insists that everyone is such-and-such age and 2 months. I’m not sure where 2 months came into play, but it is a very important part of everyone’s age.
She is obcessed with “Tinkling” as she calls it (winking is the correct term). I’m selfish and keep letting her call it tinkling because it makes me giggle. Maybe I’ll be nice and explain it next time she brings it up…or maybe not.
She loves explaining to anyone who will listen also about how she is “growing up and getting bigger and bigger and can do more and more each day.” If you ever want to have a conversation with her, just ask her about it and she’ll talk your ear off on this subject.
She also has been on this “bapa” (grandpa) everything kick lately. Examples I have tried to record:
“Bapa told me that I had to call him if I eat eggs for breakfast because he knows that he eats eggs too.”
“At Bapa’s house they have birds all over the place all the time. He loves it so I love it too.”
“I’m going to see if Bapa needs a _______. Hold on, I’ll call him.”
“At Bapa’s house you put your clothes on so carefully. That way you are safe.”
“Bapa is 2 months old now. Isn’t that interesting Mommy?”
I’m so excited for Spring to finally be here in full force. We needed to get out and enjoy this weather, so Lily and I also did a photo project this week. I’ll put the pictures up another day, but I gave her a book and let her use my old camera to go around and take pictures of all the different things she could find. We had a fun time and she actually did a pretty decent job once I taught her that you point the camera away from your face to take a picture.