It promised to be a rainy day outside, the car was on the fritz, Keith woke up pretty sick, and I knew we were stuck inside for the day. To spice things up (as if I don’t have enough going on) I decided to do a Photo Meme and take a picture every hour on the hour (well, close enough to the hour that I thought it would count).
I’d love to see how your day went! The way you play is start at the first awakening (sadly, I didn’t think of this at 4 a.m….oh wait, I don’t THINK at 4 a.m. and I started at 7 a.m. instead) and every hour take a picture of what is happening in that moment (sometimes two or more were taken because not just one thing is EVER happening in our house at once). Add a caption and voila! The birth of a photo meme.
7 a.m. Nursing (as usual). Can you see those flailing limbs? Trust me. This is normal. Nursing and I have a love/hate relationship.
8 a.m. Managed to take a shower before 8 a.m. MIRACLE! Sawyer holds onto my legs and practices whistling (like his Bapa K.) while I try and do a wee bit of makeup. Notice the lack of bangs? It took 1 day for me to give up on them.
9 a.m. Sawyer’s inner rockstar comes out as he “helps” me unload the dishwasher.
10 a.m. Lily’s chore for the day: folding 10 washcloths. It took awhile as you can see.
11 a.m. Sigh. Stupid light. Grateful that I have it, but wish it would remain unlit.
12 p.m. Still fits. 3 minutes later there was a major tantrum when she realized she couldn’t get out…
1 p.m. This picture makes me so happy/sad. Sometimes I get so busy that I forget how much Lily loves to sit and play. Sawyer was cracking me up dancing to a little piano behind me too. At church on Sunday a mother mentioned that after raising her 6 children her biggest regret was trying to keep her house clean. She felt she missed a lot of opportunities to play with her children and learn who they really were. New goal of mine is to sit and play every day with my little ones.
2 p.m. Yeah!
3 p.m. Clapping to the song “Bingo.” He gets really excited as soon as I start singing it.
4 p.m. Picked up the car, stopped by the thrift store to see if they had a frame, and bought a cabinet? Unexpected, but will fit great in my laundry room! $35 bucks…SCORE!
5 p.m. Chicken dumpling soup from scratch for the sicko hubbers. Don’t I rock? Yes, I'm multitasking by cooking and feeding my baby rice cereal.
6 p.m. Totally worth the effort when Lily ate two helpings of soup.
7 p.m. Zoodles! Grandma & Julia read Lily stories while I nursed Sawyer and put him to bed.
8 p.m. Planning photos on wall. The first photos to go up since we moved in 9 months ago. Except they aren’t up, they are still sitting on the floor and it’s now 10 p.m.












