Lily wearing one of the super cute hats my mom makes.
Once upon a time in our kitchen there was a sad empty space, desperately needing something. I searched high and low, looking for a suitable painting or piece of decor when I had a fun idea: Why don't my kids make me something super cool? So we embarked on the ultimate mommy and me project. We painted a backdrop, gathered leaves, and decorated pictures of ourselves to create a multimedia piece of art. It took an entire week, but they were pretty pleased with their hanging picture in the end. Enjoy the pictures of the kids creating their masterpiece while reading some of my most recent quotes from Lily.
"Daddy, do you know what I figured out? My throat is like a drain and when I drink all the water goes down me like a beautiful waterfall. (sips) Ah!!!!"
- Lily
"Mommy, when you get old you can have have yellow hair like me! All your normal hair falls out and then old people sit and think about what color hair they want and their wish comes true!!! But sometimes you forget to make your wish and you get no hair like old men, so don't forget to wish!"
-Lily
"When you're old your teeth fall out and if you're good the tooth fairy will give you a new shiny one. She will put it right in the middle of your mouth. When little kids lose their teeth the tooth fairy wraps it up and gives it to the old people who are losing all their teeth."
-Lily
You know you're jealous of my kids awesome piece of work now adorning the wall.
"All of a sudden my eyes are getting cranky. They just want to glare at everyfing!"
-Lily
"Mom, did you know that God created everyfing? And he created me to know everyfing!!! So that means I'm always right, okay?"
-Lily
On another note, I saw a Halloween banner on Pinterest once, so for a date night I "tortured" Keith into creating one with me. We sat and cut and pasted like a pair of scrapbooking fools. I love how it came out!
Lily playing with her sweet cousin Olivia who came to visit.









