I promise I had EVERY intention of carrying out my 365 Happiness project with a bang. There were going to be daily photos. Joy in every moment. A happy smile on my face from behind that lens.
I should have known better when the first day of the project commenced with a positive pregnancy test. I was initially over the moon and thrilled to have a new life growing inside my womb garden, but alas then I quickly was reminded what pregnancy was all about:
The porcelin throne.
Well, that and dozing in a way that would put Sleeping Beauty to shame. Even a little boy hopping on top of me could barely rouse me from my slumber. No sweet little true love kisses from Lily could rouse me. Only the call and beckon of (*insert ominous* dum dum dum) the porcelin throne.
(Picture it here spewing fire and brimstone as you stumble towards it's beckoning call.)
Thank goodness for my mom who saw through my lack of phone calls and realized something was up. The minute she talked to me, before I even announced the pregnancy, she said I needed her help with this nine month flu and she would be on her way. BLESS HER HEART!!!
So, that explains my absence a little, right? I've been slowly ending my terrible relationship with the porcelain throne, it's abuse and taunting now becoming a thing of the past, and as I begin to feel the little flutter of life in me I'm left with an ever so slight feeling of hope that things are going to be okay.
Last week at my OBGYN appointment I got a little look into my womb garden, and ooh! Is this going to be the cutest baby! I know, can't you just feel it from that little turned up nose and tyrannosaurus rex limbs? Adorable I say.
Due date? January 10th, but I'm fully supporting a mental manipulation of my own psyche by proclaiming it to be January 15th. This way I won't be left in despair as each day drags on past the 10th.
I also accidently got a little peekaboo down under (no, don't be weird, I'm talking about the baby, though I could see your confusion as I am showing you pictures of my uterus.) The tech passed over the area and asked, "Do you want to know what it is?" And I said, "I guess I do, since there is no mistaking that piece of equipment!" We both laughed and she confirmed I was right.
To make it official, let's see Sawyer's reaction to the news of having a baby brother:
That's right! A new baby BROTHER! It's a boy, folks. A little man.
Let's see how excited Lily is to have another little brother:
(Oh brother! But really, can you blame her? She spent 30 minutes at Kohls picking out the most darling little dresses the day before we went in for our ultrasound. But she's coming around, slowly and surely and I'm sure she'll love the little man once he's here!)

